May ZornFast 2019

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #21

My fasting has been going well as far as hunger and feeling well goes. But my eyes are doing their weird burning fasting reaction again. So I’m going to quit now at 45+ hours. I’ll feast for a couple days and do another two days fasting after that.

(IDM Educator) #22

Intermittent fasting means fasting intermittently. Like every other day or 3 days every other week.

(IDM Educator) #23

What you call a " shortened eating window" is also referred to as “time-restricted eating”,
You’re free to call it what you wish :slight_smile:
Time restricted eating is timing your meals in a day. And there’s another one. Eating window. Have you heard of that one?

(IDM Educator) #24

Yes yes yes

(IDM Educator) #25

Hi @Yvi Welcome!

(IDM Educator) #26

Curious, how long have you been doing Keto?

(IDM Educator) #27

This is how I just did my 9 day. It wasn’t planned, I just woke up everyday felt really good and kept going. I think this is the best way once you’re well fat adapted!

(Yvi Cvg) #28

So, I started the fast OK, then my babies woke up @ 4am, the day started miserably, lots of bickering and crying and screaming so I ate :frowning: I can’t get my mind right, it’s so hard… I hope I can do it next month

(KCKO, KCFO) #29

MarieDrake, that smile on your face says it all. Keep riding that fasting wave!!

@Yvi A question for you, are you breast feeding those babies? As I understand it, Dr. Fung does not recommend breast feeding during the baby’s first year. @Brenda, please correct me if I am wrong about that.

If the babes are older, then just wait for things to settle down and do a good refeed day or so, when you feel like it start fasting again. There is a monthly fasting group you can utilize

I’m 38 hrs in and heading out to a body flex class shortly. Will be interesting to see how I feel doing that, I often do it 20-24 hrs. fasted but it has been a while since I tried doing it this far into a fast.

KCFO everyone

(Yvi Cvg) #30

My babies are 2 and 3 years old, so no breastfeeding. I’m a stay at home mom, which means that I’m at home all day and food is the only thing I look forward to… I just need to get my mind straight… Thank you for the support :slight_smile:

(IDM Educator) #31

I think you meant to say “Dr. Fung doesn’t recommend fasting during the first year of breastfeeding.”

(KCKO, KCFO) #32

:scream: I need to proofread more before hitting the reply button.

I did indeed mean no fasting during the first year of breast feeding your child.

I’m in. I started my fast on Wednesday after dinner, so I’m about 42 hours in. I’m definitely going until tomorrow sometime. But I’m also considering going one more day for my first three-day fast. I’ve done a bunch of two-day fasts, so it’s not a huge leap. I almost always just try to see how it goes for anything longer than one full day.

My long-term goals are weight loss and autophagy so that when I get to my goal weight I don’t end up with a bunch of excess skin (total goal is about 90 lbs.). My immediate goal is to shake off the 3 lbs. I put on while I was on vacation last weekend and hopefully another net lb. or two for the week. Last time I went away for a weekend with friends, I was also up 3 lbs., but down more than 5 by the next week, so this isn’t out of the realm of possibility for me. We’ll see how it goes.

(Susan) #34

I have been doing keto since July/Aug 2018. My 21 year old grandson recently moved in and eats a plethora of carby foods that I got rid of in the house last year. Also, I was at work eating no nos. I have lost 30 lbs, and fluctuate + - 5lbs. I can be keto for a week and then eat carbs. The main reason I am not carb adapted most recently is because I had a bout of diverticulitis and did my normal clear diet then bland foods. Mostly carby.

(KCKO, KCFO) #35

Good morning Zornfasters, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking " I could really eat something" but because I would have to get up, put on slippers & robe and walk downstairs, I thought “screw that”.

When I got up this morning all I wanted was my black coffee. So I am checking in while sipping on that.
I’m 63 hrs. in currently, I had planned to break my fast today, but I will just keep riding the wave till I really want some food.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone and KCFO.

(Susan) #36

3 1/2 hours sleep. I am only 33 hours in as I started Thur night instead of Wed night. Not feeling the slightest bit hungry… we will see what happens after I take my sleeping pills and have to avoid sleep eating.

I’m doing pretty good and 63 hours in. Thursday night around dinner time, I could have eaten all the things. Last night around dinner time I just had some broth to keep my salt intake up and was okay. I’ve been mentally telling myself that I’m going until Sunday. Normally at this point in a fast, when I’m getting ready to break, I’m hungry and can’t wait to eat. But today, I’m okay.

We’ll see how it goes and how I do tonight. I also really, really need to go grocery shopping and I’m wondering if I can put it off until tomorrow.

(KCKO, KCFO) #38

Made it to 69 hrs. I started feeling unwell, so had some bone broth to break and then had dinner about an hr. later.

I was happy with the results, I’m back down to my lowest keto life weight. I didn’t think it would be this low this AM because of the dinner last night. Off to brunch with DH now.

Hope every one got some good results and encourage you all to make this a monthly habit.
KCFO

(Susan) #39

Felt weak and shaky at 48 hours and decided to eat. This morning, 12 hours later i still feel a bit weak. I am wondering if it is the antibiotics on top of the fast. I finished them last night but didn’t get a chance to get to the mailbox before it closed for the long weekend. My bottle of probiotics is in there.

We are fasting twins. I was feeling okay, but getting really hungry. I tried eating a couple tablespoons of sour cream and some salt, which sometimes will help my stomach not feel so empty and keep me going. But it wasn’t happening. I knew I wasn’t going to make it through the evening without face-planting in something. I decided to be more productive and eat a decent dinner.

I wrapped up at just about 71 hours. I also didn’t think my weight would be as low as it is this AM, because of dinner. I’m really pleased overall.

Though not lowest keto-life weight. Congrats on that @collaroygal!