KetoAide homemade

ketoaid
electrolyte
extendedfast
newbies
fasting

Thanks. What sweetener does your cordial use? I have the no sugar Cottee’s cordial which has sucralose. (BTW What’s the final word on sucralose as a sweetener? Good or bad?)

(Running from stupidity) #255

Sweeteners (952, 950, 955)

[952] cyclamate

[950] acesulphame potassium

[955] sucralose

And yeah, not sure. I’m sure I can find people on both sides of the argument :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #256

Sucralose isn’t as bad as a Ace K or aspartame but all sweeteners raise insulin. If your goal is weight loss you want to keep the artificial sweetener use to a minimum. My original KetoAide recipe has liquid magnesium citrate which is sweetened with saccharin. But since only a teaspoon and a half of that liquid magnesium citrate is used in a quart of water, it’s a trace amount and not enough to spike insulin.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #257

EDIT:
I’ll continue November’s Zornfast thread if anybody wants to fast with me next week. Monday November 26 through Friday November 30th

That sounds like a winner! :+1: I would definitely be game for that. :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #259

I’m going to track myself on the November ZornFast thread instead of this KetoAide thread.
It’s more familiar to me, and I might be posting a lot so I guess it’s more appropriate over there.

Not a problem, I frequent there, as well as the monthly IF/EF as well. :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #261

Yes, that IF/EF thread is great.

(Leilani) #265

Ketoaide stopped my keto flu in its tracks. Im finding that switching from a magnesium supplement in tablet form to the magnesium citrate has increased its effectiveness also. I have a few chronic diseases that end up causing muscle issues so this was a big help there. I actually appreciate that more than the help with keto flu :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Bryan Maynard) #266

@Brenda I am assuming this mixture would be fine to drink in a more concentrated form, yes? Reason being, I have a 36 oz Yeti tumbler that I would like to mix three servings in(so essentially a serving to 12 oz. of water instead of 24 oz.). I drink a lot of green tea and water by itself as well so I will be getting plenty of water.

I can’t tell ya what Brenda might say, but my guess would be that it really shouldn’t matter. I use a 20 oz. bottle every day myself, and as soon as make it the mixture up, I simply drink it straight down and then leave the house with my water only bottle. But I have done it in a simple 8 oz. cup before, and then like mentioned, just drink plenty of water afterwards. … If anything, it just going to be a bit stronger tasting in a smaller amount, where the larger amount of water will dilute it more. … If I were to carry the mixture bottle with me out the door, I think I would stick with the larger amount too, but I already drink plenty of liquids throughout the day, so just want to get the ingredients in and then just enjoy the water.

I do the same in the evening once I get home, on days I’m Fasting. So one daily and two on Fast days.

If anything just look at the amount of intake if you will be getting, if you plan on doing this daily. I haven’t crunched the numbers since I’ve been doing this for a while now (1 and 2), but think I’ve read others mentioning drinking 3 a day? But I’ve only ever done 2 myself and seems to work well for me.

(KCKO, KCFO) #268

Brenda has stated many times she drinks only two of the bottles per day.

(Jay Henry) #269

Has anyone used this (or can advise if it would be ok?):

https://www.bulknutrients.com.au/products/electrolyte-blend/

(Running from stupidity) #270

Yup.

hello Brenda, I do not consume artificial sweetners so I cant have the magnesium citrate .
Can I use magnesium sulfate instead ?
and how much is OK?

Thank you, Marianne

Eh?
Magnesium citrate is just … magnesium citrate. It’s not an artificial sweetener, nor should it contain any. There are many brands that don’t.
If the magnesium citrate you have contains ingredients you don’t want, just find another brand which is a more pure formulation. There are countless out there. As long as the elemental magnesium content is about the same as the original recipe, you should be fine.

(Thao Le) #273

I bought this on Amazon, IT"S HUGE BOTTLE! It has Magnesium Citrage only

buxomlass
I guess I was not clear. All the magnesium citrate in the stores in my area have saccharin in it which I refuse to consume. I was hoping I could substitute Epsom salt instead. I will have to order online. TY

thank you I ordered the bottle today !!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #276

I haven’t found Epsom salts where I am, but I keep my eye open for them because a nice foot soak seems like a lovely relaxing way to get my magnesium. Baths are recommended too, but I don’t have a tub.