KetoAide homemade

ketoaid
electrolyte
extendedfast
newbies
fasting

(Nathan Hall) #23

I make this daily. Only I also add a couple squirts of Stur (sweetened with stevia) or Mio (sweeteners vary by flavor) to further hide some of the saltiness. I know, that makes me a big baby… :blush:
This recipe has been a great help. Especially when fasting. Thanks Brenda.

(Final thoughts/recap as I reach the end) Time To Try An Extended Fast! 21 Days or Bust

@Brenda Do you drink all 5 bottles in one day? I am 5 days into a 21 day fast and trying to play with ratios without making myself sick. :poop:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

That’s just a photo kiddo, not my daily ration. Lol
I mix them all at once.

2 a day unless fasting, then I do drink 3 or 4.

I happen to have one right now as I go into the gym.

That is what I was curious about. I am almost through day 5 of an extended fast and this morning the leg cramps were knocking at my door. I have been keeping up on the lite salt but have not integrated magnesium citrate. I was don’t want to :poop: my pants at work! Thanks much from a fellow (ex)Minnesotan

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #27

Ever since my ole pal @Donna told me about Calcium citrate, I have NEVER had another leg cramp.
Calcium. The oft forgotten mineral.
Lack of calcium causes leg cramps more often than anyone realizes.
Poke me later and I’ll send a pic of the brand I use.
Do not buy just any calcium, most do not absorb well. Calcium citrate does.

(Bacon for the Win) #28

you really need to down the whole bottle of mag citrate for that to happen. Even then there are no guarantees that it will.

(betsy.rome) #29

@Brenda yes, please tell us what brand / form of calcium citrate. On the 2nd day of a fast, had wicked bad leg cramps last night, even though been eating salt & butter & broth.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #30

(betsy.rome) #31

Thanx B-Zorn! you rock.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

BTW, I only take one tablet a day, not the recommended dosage of 2 or 3… I only need a bit of supplementing. No need for more than one tablet a day :slight_smile:
@Donna said that is enough. It must be. No leg cramps over here for TWO YEARS NOW

(Fran) #33

So… I made some a couple of days ago because I’m planning a 3-day fast and wanted to see if this was something I could drink to help me get through it. I didn’t think my electrolytes were out of whack. I drank 48 oz of this stuff and HOLY COW! It was like someone de-greased my brain. I felt so much better and I didn’t even know I felt bad! This is definitely something I will be adding to my daily regime and will definitely be drinking some during my fast. This was fantastic! Thanks @Brenda.

(Mary 🌹 ) #34

If you gargle salt water it removes a sore throat immediately (1/2 hour)

(KB Keto) #35

so I need some ketoade that I dont hate drinking? Mainly for my long bike rides - something i can drink on the bike that tastes good …

granted im only 15 days into the keto diet, but after 30 miles ,… i feel like hell… i want to try to keep my electrolytes up during the ride and see if that helps.

(Christopher Avery) #36

@KBDelight have you tried @Brenda’s concoction?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #37

You can also add sweetener and or lemon etc. I have been adding aromatic citrus bitters lately

(Karl L) #38

My daily ketoade is 1/2 of a Nuun Energy tablet, 1/4 tsp Morton Lite Salt and 4 or 5 drops of Stevia in a 750ml Camelbak Eddy. I’m still experimenting for on the bike, but will likely go with a full Nuun and more salt.

Nuun tablet nutrition:
Sodium: 360 mg
Potassium: 100 mg
Magnesium: 25 mg
Calcium: 13 mg
Vitamin C: 38 mg
Niacin: 20 mg
Vitamin B6: 2 mg
Vitamin B12: 6 mcg
Caffeine: 40 mg

Other ingredients include:

Caffeine sourced from green tea extract
Plant based sweetener monk fruit and a touch of stevia leaf extract to provide a crisp and light sweetness
Non-gmo sourced dextrose to increase the speed of absorption and hydrate you faster
Avocado oil for processing

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #39

Uh oh

(Karl L) #40

DAMMIT!!

but, but, but… it’s NON GMO dextrose!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #41

Lol. What really matters is HOW MUCH dextrose it has…

(Karl L) #42

Yep, but haven’t been able to find that info. Your recipe is simpler, and known.