July 2020 Zornfast

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

Hey everyone, it is the 3rd Thursday of the month, time for another Zornfast. It run to Sunday. Follow any fast protocol that works for you. This is about you and your experience. This is for support and sharing, which ever you need.

I know the site has been up and down but this thread has helped so many, thanks to @Brenda starting it so long ago in 2016. I don’t want the COVID-19 experience killing off the Zornfast.

Here is the link to ketoaide if anyone needs that, it can get you over some rough spots by keeping your electrolytes in balance.

I’ll be doing 20/4 intermittent fasts daily, what will get you through?

KCFO

June 2020 IF/EFChat Thread (All Welcome)
(Ian Patey) #2

I am in for 20:4’s as well!

(Bacon for the Win) #3

I’m doing a 72 hour fast. Started at 6PM Thursday and will go to 6PM Sunday night. I’ll be at work and plan on breaking my fast with something gentle, then having dinner with the family when I get home.

I am so not ready for EF now but I had crazy times eating wise, mostly late eating reappeared and it is NOT good for me. So I need something and Zornfast always gave me a little extra push :wink:

I go for eating only when I am really hungry or tempted (but not at midnight… that’s just wrong and unnatural in my case) or need fuel :smiley: So probably OMAD or TMAD, 1-5 hour eating window? If I merely stop eating at night, it will be already good for that today, weekend days are always harder but I will do what I can :wink:

(Fasting Educator) #5

@collaroygal
2014. Just saying. Lol

(Susan) #6

I did a 36 hour fast till last night, I forgot about the Zornfast. I will definitely continue with OMAD, but I will see tonight if I want to continue fasting until tomorrow night. I won’t push it, it depends how I feel. KCFO!

(James Taylor) #7

Just finished a 114 hour EF today. It has been a while. You guys do well on your fasts!

(Bacon for the Win) #8

I didn’t feel well last night so I ended my fast. Head wasn’t in the game either. Good luck to everyone else going forward.

21:3 for yesterday, I can’t realistically expect more from me now but I am pleased with this :slight_smile: I plan this to be permanent, not the 3 hours but 5 at most with the occasional OMAD. And I go for a longer fast for the next Zornfast :slight_smile:

Good luck, everyone! Even if it’s mostly not luck… :wink: I feel it’s a bit that to me as I can fast only as long as I don’t get hungry or tempted. I can control that to some extent with my choices when I don’t fast, though :wink: Fasting (up to 24 hour, I mean) is super easy with big meals, they sustain me for long.

(Susan) #10

I am leaving tomorrow morning to fly to my daughter’s 8oo or so miles away. I fear flying a lot. I had to eat last night at 26 hours. I hope next month I remember to plan a little ahead for the zornfast. In the mean time I will continue to do some OMAD and short fasts every week.

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

Opps, my bad that. 2016 was as far back as the search function found.

(KCKO, KCFO) #12

Welcome back @jtaylor1966 Great fasting.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

OK, I did a OMAD, then ended up doing 44 hrs. I’m eating two meals and will just do another OMAD on Sunday.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
KCFO

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

So I had a OMAD turn into 2 days, working on day 3 currently will have breakfast tomorrow AM. I was a few days off of the regular schedule I guess. Just happy my body has been content with fasting this much, over 116 hrs., since the beginning of Zornfast.

Anyone else still fasting?

(KCKO, KCFO) #15

I ended my fast last night. I had a meal. So I didn’t go as long as I had planned. The good news is I went down 7.8 lbs. doing this fasting roundSo that 116 hrs. was only 100. . I am pretty happy with those results. Best I’ve done in along time.