January 2021 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Bob M) #13

There’s a bit (perhaps even quite a bit, depending on your viewpoint) of evidence indicating eating earlier is better.

Always wanted to get an insulin meter to test this theory. If one ever become available and isn’t ridiculously expensive, I’d like to test this.

It is nice to sleep with an emptied stomach.

Better, deeper sleep is always a plus.

(Karen) #15

@islandlight I can’t begin to imagine living so remotely. I take for granted being able to walk to the two towns either side of me when it takes my fancy. Generally i drive but if the car is off the road then i have a bus stop right outside my house in both directions with buses ecery 5 mins! I have several large supermarkets and all the amenities of local shops.

I bet you have to make sure you have checked and written down everything you need to buy, take a big trolly and hope and pray you don’t forget the toilet rolls!

Note to self. Stop taking things for granted.

(Susan) #16

I did a 29 hour fast that seemed much longer.
I get my vaccine next Thursday yay!

(Susan) #17

Congrats to all --I did a 48 hour Fast and then we had a grocery delivery (finally after all this time, Walmart now is delivering in my area for $10, sooooo soo soo happy!!) since we don’t have a vehicle anymore this has been a major issue for us (all that follow my thread know this) so that made me break the Fast but I intend to do the Zornfast for about 100 hours this month for sure. I am doing my normal 20:4 IF and sticking to plan so still IF always =).

I wish all of us happy Ketoing =).

(Karen) #18

I can’t imagine being without my car permanently and i live on a bus route and i have the tram terminal with in walking distance. I was without the car for 3 weeks 2 summers ago while it was getting a problem fixed with the roof and i have to say i actually enjoyed using my legs for those 3 weeks. I had to leave the house at 5.30am to head to work. I would run up the hill to catch the first tram of the day in and out of Nottngham, then run up the major hills to work getting there just on 7am. Fortunately during this time i didn’t have any 7am starts which gave me time to change into my uniform. Then at the end of the shift had to do it all again in reverse . Fortunately mainly downhill which at 10pm some nights was a godsend lol. I would walk into my local towns either side of where i live, with my trolley to shop. It was a lovely summer so the weather was kind to me. Dropped a few lbs during those 3 weeks and swore i would continue to use my legs more … hmmm as soon as the car is available somehow one is always in too much of a hurry and squeezing too much into the day!!!

Glad to hear your local shop is delivering and $10 doesn’t sound to expensive either. Do you go to the shop and choose what you want or order online? I never food shop online a) because i haven’t had cause to and b) because i like to choose my own food.

I IF everyday just because i am not ready to eat too early and i always work out first thing in the morning and can’t workout with a full tum! Between 11am and 1pm seems to suit me best and i’m certainly not hungry before 11am. Before doing Keto and more recently carnivore i went through a very long stretch of not eating after 4pm which i extended to 6pm when working as i couldn’t always just stoo to eat when i wanted to. I was probably at my lowest weight during that time. It all stopped when i contracted Hep A and had to eat little and often to heal. Through me right out and i couldn’t get back to it after that. Feel happy doing what i am doing now but would like to get back to stopping the munchies after 6pm!

(Susan) #19

I do IF daily at 1pm lunch and supper at 4:30ish so that I can Fast daily from 5pm -1pm the next day --for a 20:4 --I sometimes have to deviate a bit from this, due to real life unforseen circumstances but that is my usual schedule.

I have never driven and my husband has Parkinson’s which has been progressing and on June 23rd (during a doctor’s appointment with his Parkinson’s Neurologist) he told him that he can no longer drive (because of all his seizures and tremors) and that he should quit work and apply for full-time disability (which we did). Because our van was a 2009 with a lot of mileage and was having break issues (on the way to the hospital it was making noises) we donated it to a charitable organization and received an income tax receipt for it. I was fortunate enough to go shopping about once a month on average with friends of my son (and was sending the kids to the store walking for a few essentials since that happened) but then on September 12th I broke my Talus bone (the top bone on your foot that joins your two ankle bones each side) so a very significant/major bone on the foot. I had an Air cast boot on for about 12 weeks, and I wasn’t able to go shopping (even if I had a ride) so this opportunity to buy online ordering from Walmart is very significant and wonderful to me. I have had to just accept that I cannot get most of what I want but that is now my normal, and I am happy for what I can get =). (More details on all of this are on my accountability thread, not to totally blow up this thread with all of this, but I wanted to explain in summary).

My new normal has just had to adjust, and I feel pretty positive and proud of myself of how I am coping/adjusting to it all! Life has a lot of surprises that it throws at us and we just need to adapt. I choose to be a happy person and not let anything deter my succeeding with my Keto journey, so I am making it work, regardless of the circumstances =).

I wish all of you continued successes in your Keto journeys and in all of your fasting/IF/EF and life struggles and victories!

(Karen) #20

Wow you have had a lot to deal with Susan. I think your mindset is amazing and very inspiring. I do hope your foot heals though i know bones in the foot can be troublesome to heal properly. Thank you for sharing your story. The more i read peoples stories on here the more i feel thankful for my little lot. There are some awesome people on this forum.

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

Susan, this reminded me to get the Jan. Zornfast up. With the connectivity issues still happening from time to time, I started putting it up earlier in the month. Just in case!

(Susan) #22

Thanks @collaroygal for keeping us all organized and on top of our Fasting threads, you do a great job with that and we appreciate it. I will certainly be joining in the Zornfast with a goal of 100 hours =).

I write here hoping it strengths my resolve to get my stuff together… December was a bit wild as usual, not to that extent after so many carnivore days in 2020 but still way too much. I have problems with my eating window too, it’s worse when I eat more carbs (and it gets bigger on carnivore too sometimes when I get satiated too easily but it’s fine) but it gets stronger anyway, especially the midnight eating I really had enough of.
So today I do my best for real to eat very well. It’s only 2pm, very early but I ate before this time a few times in January so it’s not so bad and I even get up early enough lately and I am still too obsessed with food and spend a big part of my day in the kitchen. Today I cooked and baked already, that helps :wink: I plan better for a while, good carnivore food that is more tempting than anything else I could eat. I build momentum and it will get easier later.
My last few Zornfasts weren’t good at all, I plan to do that way better this time as well.

(Bob M) #24

I agree with Karen.

(Susan) #25

Thanks @Karen18 and @ctviggen --all of you lovely people here on the forum have been a major blessing to me --I always appreciate all the support and encouragement from all of you. You are a great bunch of people!

(Susan) #26

I started Fasting at 5pm with a goal to go until Friday at 5pm for a 100 hour Fast --Zornfast --and I have posted on that thread as well.

Good luck to all the people that are fasting, for however many hours you plan to fast for =).

(Jane) #27

Started a new thread for February fasters:

(Susan) #28

Thanks @Janie for starting a new thread.

I am continuing on my 20:4 TMAD IF schedule; however, I plan on doing other longer fasts during the month as well (some shorter ones of maybe 48 hours) and a goal of 100 hours or so for the Zornfast.

I wish everyone the best on their Fasting goals for the month =).

(Suepenny) #29

What is OMAD and TMAD

(Laurie) #30

Hi Susan. One meal a day, and two meals a day.

(KCKO, KCFO) #31

Welcome, @Suepenny. You might want to check out this list of commonly used acronmys you will see in the forums here.

(Susan) #32

Welcome to the forum, @Suepenny

We have a February Thread for fasting --we’d love to have you join us there =).