January 2019 ZORNFAST

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #61

Because bone broth interrupts autophagy but does not interrupt fat loss, which is the main goal of many.

(Lonnie Hedley) #62

My pea brain can’t understand that. Doesn’t protein create a spike in insulin, even if it’s small, it would still inhibit fat loss?

As a world renowned power lifter who probably doesn’t have much fat left to lose, do you continue to fast for autophagy or fat loss?

I’m well below “goal”, so monthly fasting for me is 100% about autophagy.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #63

Have you tried Earl Grey tea? It is supposed to be great at suppressing hunger due to the bergamot.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #64

Working on hr. 38 over here. So far so good.

It is snowing so I won’t be able to get my walks outside in today. Will try using some youtube videos to burn down glycogen stores. jessicasmithtv channel has some good videos for doing that.

KCFO everyone.

(Lonnie Hedley) #65

I’m avoiding black and green teas for histamine reasons. I shouldn’t be having coffee then, I know I know. I’m picking my poison.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #66

Because it’s such a small amount of protein any insulin stimulated is very small. Fat loss continues without issue . But when it comes to autophagy, even the tiniest amount of protein can interrupt it. That’s the difference

(Lonnie Hedley) #67

Short fast ended just after 47 hours. I won’t be doing coffee next week. Pretty sure it had a negative impact on this pre zornfast fast.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #68

117 hours and feeling great. Lifted THIS today.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #69

Hour 117, just took this photo. Having fun, new t-shirt. I like to call these “proof-of-life” photos when I’m on an extended fast.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #70

I broke my fast at 120 hours. I will refeed two meals each day Saturday Sunday and then start a 3-day fast after dinner Sunday night. I will be fasting Monday Tuesday Wednesday and break the fast Thursday at noon.

Happy Fasting!

(Cindy) #71

I think I’d like to join this. I’ve fasted up to about 44 hrs, but for the most part, that doesn’t really feel like a fast to me. I very easily go 20+ hrs without eating…used to feel guilty about that because I was skipping meals. Raised with the concept that breakfast was super important and you know, 3 squares a day. :\ So when I “found” keto and IF, I was like Whoo-hoo! This is AWESOME!

Little bit intimated to try 48+ hrs, because that goes beyond my “easy” fasting.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #72

Welcome @cw2001
Why don’t you give it a try if you don’t make it this time you can always try it again. It’s worth a try it’s good practice, right?

I would love to do some fasting right now, but not sure when I will get it back into the rhythm? … But I ended up doing 135 hrs. last week, and was even fasting during my surgery and recovery time. Came in at 48 hrs. and then they did the emergency surgery, and I didn’t have anything solid until I was going on 6 days. - Since then the stomach is definitely feeling much better, but I don’t want to over-do-it too soon, and figure I owe it a week or so of feeding before adding any possible stress to it. - (For those who may be unaware, I had a strangulated Hernia and had to have emergency surgery. Turns out there were actually 3 Hernia’s, 1 large main one and two others, which were all repaired together. Just had the staples removed yesterday and won’t be returning to work until January 21st., so trying to rest up and run some good stuff through the system to make sure as well and functional. :slight_smile: But I have to say I loved being on a fast during all this, and not being hungry was very welcomed, since they tell me this is the worst complaint they get from their patients. Though I did walk the hallways almost incessantly, doing laps around the wing I was in. I constantly got jabs from all the ladies there, but I was a bit stir-crazy. :smile:

Either way, I hope everyone else keeps rolling along, and I will simply jump back in when I can. :slight_smile:

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #74

I’m glad to hear you’re recovering well @Digital_Dave. You can join us when you’re ready and hang out with us whenever you’d like. You have a lot to offer. :heart:

(Cindy) #75

Oh, I’m definitely in! I expect Thur/Fri won’t be too difficult…it’s Sat and Sun that will be more of a challenge. Hubby is home then and he eats all the time! Well, not all the time, bu he eats lunch around 11:30 and it usually has 2-3 “phases”…then a snack early afternoon…then dinner…with multiple “phases”…can you tell he’s a carb burner? :wink:

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #76

Your skin looks so wonderful in all your photos. Dang keto, makes you look years younger, who needs to get carded at the liquor store? :sunglasses:

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #77

Yes. Thank you. I’m excited about it as well.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #78

My goal for this fast was to make it to 80 hrs. with nothing besides coffee/hwc, water and salt. I never got around to making up any ketoaide. I am finishing up the last few mins of hour 85. Will go to lunchtime @3 hrs. from now to make it an 88 hr. fast.

I also hit a low that I haven’t seen in a very long time. Hopefully I can keep off some of this 8 lb loss til the official Zornfast starting Thurs. I will eat IF each day til then.

Oh almost forgot, I had irritated my knee in Zumba class before starting this fast, so I did nothing but light walking this fast, usually I do 3 fitness classes and get in 10K steps a day, didn’t happen this week.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #79

Hey, I made it to the 88 hr. mark, broke it with a lovely brunch at the golf course near us that has beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains, which are covered with lovely snow since we had a big snow storm pass through day before yesterday.

Hope everyone else is doing great. I am feeling fine right now.

KCFO

Hey, all - will be joining this week and am actually planning to start with a three-day fast, then 2 days of feasting, then a longer one (six days) that will overlap with most of the official ZF days.
@Digital_Dave, good luck with your recovery!
@cw2001, over the last few months, I’ve nudged up my EFs so that longer stretches feel normal. It’s doable!
@collaroygal congrats on recent fast, and good luck with your knee recovery. I bet fasting will help.
@Brenda, you look AMAZING and I really love seeing your lifting numbers on fasting days. Incredibly inspiring.