January 2019 ZORNFAST

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #41

The first time I ever did this was the first two weeks of December and the second week went very very well. I’m looking forward to this one.

@Brenda I so want to do water only again!

But alas… 2 days is about it for me it seems. I may well be able to find some magic potion that could make true fasting attainable, like when I NEEDED to shed extra fat.

Salt has helped…but not tremendously. And (embarrassed) I’ve never tried KETO-aid yet. :smirk:

So that is a possiblility.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #43

Day two of another 5 day fast for me. Ill be fasting with any of you who start at the usual third Thursday Zornfast this week.
I just completed my lift routine, 39 hours fasted.

(Misty Foley) #44

I have been full keto since Dec 1, 2018 and have done 1 48 hour fast successfully just before Christmas. I am assuming that means I could do the Zornfast this round with no I’ll effects? Any thoughts?

BTW, Brenda, I have listened to you on the 2KD podcasts and you are very inspiring to me. Any time I have done much exercising in the past I seem to gravitate to weights instead of cardio. I was happy to hear how well you do with weightlifting while living a keto lifestyle and fasting.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #45

PROOF OF LIFE, HOUR 48

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #46

At this point you’re at least five weeks fat adapted. If you’ve done a 48 successfully I see no reason why you couldn’t do a few more days. I cannot foresee any ill-effects unless you forget to hydrate and take your sodium. And remember, as always … break your fast if you feel unwell.

(Misty Foley) #47

Thanks Brenda!
I am going to give it a go. I look forward to fasting with you (Funny, before keto that is not a statement that I EVER would have imagine myself making to anyone during my lifetime. Lmao)

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #48

As a side note, @tankgirl, I must point out, that when my daughter was active-duty Army her nickname was Tank Girl. I’m going to shamelessly brag as her mother, and attach a photo of her in Afghanistan standing on her ASV, which is a type of tank. She was their gunner. She sat in the little turret up top. Okay maybe three photos. LOL. This is my ZornZast I can do what I want! LOL

(Lonnie Hedley) #49

I’m going to do a short fast this week, starting after dinner tonight (Wednesday 1-9) and ending at lunch Saturday (1-12). 66ish hours.

I’ll refeed for 4 days, then start my Zornfast after dinner on Tuesday (1-15). Goal as always is 90 hours.

(Shell) #50

Hi All! I’m new to this forum but happy to have found the community. Last year I had a strong Keto + IF routine for about 6 months then fell out of the lifestyle in the later half of the year. I picked back up again Jan 2. I’m on day 7 pure Keto and I just wrapped up my first 48hr fast last night. I’ve never quite made it 5 straight days fasting but I’d really like to get to the point where I can water fast the entire work week and Keto refeed on the weekends.

Thanks again for this resource and I’m happy to find the community!

Shell

(Misty Foley) #51

Brenda, you must be so proud of your daughter! I am so grateful to anyone who serves in the military of any country. It takes a very brave person to do that.

My moniker is not so brave as that. I rode a Russian Ural motorcycle for many years. It was very heavily built, had a sidecar, would go anywhere and was an unwieldy beast to maneuver so my friends called it my “tank”.

(Jenny) #52

I’m going to join as well. I have stalled (not a technical stall just a stall for me) and I’m frustrated. I have been doing the old up and down the same few pounds. I have looked at a calendar and set some modest goals that would still give me happy feelz. my longest fast is 96 hours. I used to not use electrolytes but now do snake juice and it has helped tremendously with my mood and hunger during fasts. I exercise alot! and I’m never sure if or how to adjust my fasts to accommodate. I dont like skipping it and I’m not a “relaxing and fasting” kinda girl. I wanna be busy. So, me n meh snake juice are gonna lift, run and fast and see what I can learn from you guys. Personal Record, here I come!!!

(Lonnie Hedley) #53

19 hours into my pre zornfast fast. Although I gave up caffeine a couple months ago I needed something to get me through the afternoon, so I’m drinking a cup of black coffee. Also, it’s SO FREAKING COLD IN MY OFFICE :cold_face: I wanted an excuse to drink something hot that wasn’t tea.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #54

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #55

So the bone broth fasting didn’t work out. I actually felt hungry, really hungry with an hr. of having a cup of it. So I started a regular coffee/hwc/salt/water diet Wed night after dinner. I hope to reach Sat. dinner or even lunch on Sunday. I think the best thing to do is just keep modifying the type of fasts, so I can hit a sweet spot. Bone broth isn’t the sweet spot :weary:

I’ve made up a batch of ketoaide and have salt handy. Fingers crossed I can make it this time.

KCFO

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #56

Sounds good just as long as you are not planning this long term. I personally would suggest 4 weeks of this, taking a break of significance such as two weeks, and then resume in a repeating pattern.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #57

This EXACT thing happens to me. Also has occurred with a few other fasters I have met here over the years. Bone Broth stirs up my physical hunger very badly.

Well, I’m not doing well at fasting due to my eye issues. I’m going to try alternate day fasting for now until I can get that sorted.

(Lonnie Hedley) #59

I know Dr. Fung says bone broth is ok during a fast, but I don’t understand how because of the protein.

I stick to water and coffee only. Maybe herbal tea, but the flavor of herbal tea seems to stir up my hunger signals for sweets.

(Lonnie Hedley) #60

I’m doing a short fast because I ate carb HEAVY on Monday and Wednesday this week.

This was around 27 hours fasted.

Not bad for the amount of junk I ate this week.

I’m at

and feeling good. Plan is to break tomorrow around 66 or so hours when my mom and sister come to visit.