January 2019 ZORNFAST

Thanks for answering Brenda!

Technically you’ll be three years this Feb. :slight_smile:

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #22

Hmmm…
Ketogenic 5 years next month, practicing fasting for 3.

DAAAYAAAM.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #23

Stop it, Brenda.

You’re scaring me.

:stuck_out_tongue:

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #25

Wouldn’t be the first time I scared someone who hasn’t met me. I’m probably one of the kindest people you’ll ever meet. I’m just very strong LOL

(Jeanne Wagner) #26

I meant ‘mentally weak’ or ‘weak willed’… I may not be physically hungry, but my mind is telling me I need to eat. It’s a hard ‘signal’ to ignore. I literally don’t feel hungry. This past year I have been iron clast, and could power through all of those fasts I mentioned that I have done. I even did a 32 hr fast a few days after Christmas… I had some iron resolve. I need to get it back.

I think I’ve gotten used to a pattern, that’s what we all like to do. Continuously changing things up (like Megan Ramos says we need to do) is a lot of effort for me. I like to try to find a happy place and maintain that, but it’s not working at all. I can’t maintain to lose weight and continue to heal, I have to change things up. This is my personal bugaboo.

So.

*I’m guess I’m doing a ®Warm-Up ZornFast…sitting right at 55 hours so far. (EDITED FOR CLARITY)

And all is well.

There will be Act 2, Act 3, and likely a Reprise still to come in January.

• Not really a Registered Trademark, wink wink. :slightly_smiling_face:_

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #28

It’s now a registered business name here in Minnesota. I wondered how you register a trademark and if it costs much to do that? Do you know? Not kidding.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #29

Also @goldwingnut, there is now a website. It’s brand new and I’m still learning how to add content. Eventually there will be photographs, a recipe section and a place where I will post all my fasts and encourage people to join.
I will be directing people here, I will be directing people to IDM, I will cross post on Facebook.
There is also resource section that I need to learn how to fill.
https://zornfast.com

I do NOT know, but that is terrific!

The “Warm-Up” part was my joke since I do several ZornFasts a month…AAAAAaaaand they almost never are in sync with the group!! :neutral_face: (I edited it)

My wife and I own a Garment Decorating Company we have a line of sports fanwear (Wichita State Shocker related) for which we pursued obtaining a Registered Trademark a few years ago. It seemed fairly complicated at the time we started it, and we sorta dropped the ball.

I’ll ask The Queen (if I can remember) :grimacing: and see if she knows anything I don’t.

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #31

Starting another 5 day tomorrow.
I’m more than ready. Did a 5 day last week. I interestingly have not been very hungry this weekend but did eat well.

(#inforthelonghaul, KCKO, KCFO) #32

I’ll be starting a shorter fast, in fact, I did after dinner at 6 PM tonight, want to try 3 days with bone broth. I made a fresh batch today and it made me want to do a broth only fast.

I think I’ll join for my first Zorn fast this month.

Just began my BREAKfast @ 100 hours.

My…um…‘alimentary canal’ is waking up, and not in a kind way. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sometimes that happens with me, and I’m not able to get very far away from the “Water Closet” for a few hours.

…Butt not always…

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #35

I see what you did there

(Brenda Zorn IDM Educator) #36

The monthly Zorn Fast starts this Thursday through the following Sunday

(Doug) #37

:+1:

Brenda, have you done 5 day fasts in successive weeks before? 5 days out of 7 is a “lot” and I’ve never done such long fasts so close together. Wondering what it’s like…

(Bob M) #38

I’m trying for 4.5 days, starting last night (Sunday) after (late) dinner and going until mid-day or so Friday. My breath ketones started at 44 this morning (Monday) at about 8 am and now are down to 30 at 3pm/1500. Interesting. I don’t have blood strips to test, ran out of money.

Had 1/2 teaspoon of salt this morning, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for “lunch”. One cup coffee, two cups green tea, one herbal tea, all “black”. This is the first time I’ve tried AC vinegar on a fast. This is probably my 10th or so 4.5-5.5 day fast, started about 3.5 years ago with fasting, five years low carb (not always keto) on 1/1/19.

(Bob M) #39

You can register a trademark with the Patent Office. There’s a procedure you have to go through, and you’d be wise to have an attorney do it. You have to have goods or services (I assume yours is a service?).

(John) #40

I do like coffee black, but here is an option I use sometimes which is low calorie and yet all of the calories are from fat: https://www.califiafarms.com/products/unsweetened-better-half

15 cals per Tbsp, and enough to take the bitterness out of your coffee. Probably not enough of anything to affect ketosis.