High on fat, low on evidence: the problem with the keto diet

(Norma Laming) #1

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

(John) #2

This is the third new thread today on it.

(Robert Hollinger) #3

why do you despair? a garbage article written by an author that is promoting her new book?

(Norma Laming) #4

Why do i despair? Because this was published in a national newspaper; one that recently published an anti low car article- that was also widely criticised on this forum. This newspaper also regularly published vegan recipes each weekend and has never published any of the course ter arguments.

So why do I despair? Because it is yet more misinformation that is uncritically published. You might not believe it but people believe what they read in the papers.

It’s hardly a matter for rejoicing, is it?

(Norma Laming) #5

Sorry but I didn’t see those threads.

(Robert Hollinger) #6

I thought you were despairing because of what the article did to your beliefs…I get despairing the nonsense that a mainstream website is publishing and what it could do to others…

(Norma Laming) #7

I can’t see that I was in any way positive about the article and I said nothing about my beliefs. Though I’ve been on this forum long enough for them to be clear enough

(Robert Hollinger) #8

i get it. there was no context. you said you despair and posted the article. i took that to mean that you were doubting what we believe her.

I despair that anyone reads The Guardian.

(John) #10

Well, we’ve certainly done our part here to link to their article. Happy clicks or outrage clicks are all the same to an advertiser.

Perhaps in the future people can just ignore the crap instead of funneling more traffic to them. Just a suggestion…

(Life is bacon, bacon is life) #11

I despair that people read the Telegraph, the Daily Mail, and the Sun.

(Norma Laming) #12

The point is to be aware of what is being said and to counter it.