Ketogenic diet

fathead
pizza

(Jeremy Storie) #41

Yeah, Mexican is my favorite :grin:

(KCKO, KCFO) #42

I’d call that an open faced burrito. :yum:

(What The Fast?!) #43

I made this tonight and was expecting to be stuffed. Everyone has said that just 1-2 pieces is super filling…that didn’t happen to me at all, but it was still delicious!

I feel like this would be a great crust for a breakfast pizza too - with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and a fried egg!

(Dustin Cade) #44

I find the Fathead pizza to be more filling than a regular pizza, I could eat a whole large pizza and sides of normal pizza, now i can have like 3ish slices of fathead pizza and i’m tapping out… though i make a large one to feed a family of 4 or 5 depending on who’s home…

Yeah I can easily eat three-four slices! I try to make sure I have a good-sized side dish to go with.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #46

I can eat half a pie if I haven’t eaten yet that day.
Hash tag HUGE appetite here.

(matt ) #47

Did you just type out “hash tag”? I love you Bren.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #48

It was of utmost importance to convey my exact sentiments here. Lol

(Jeremy Storie) #49

Double batch to feed the family tonight :grin:

(matt ) #50

Nice looking pie

(Jeremy Storie) #51

Thanks

I don’t know if this was posted anywhere else, but I wanted to share a mash up of variations and mess ups that resulted in a VERY good crust tonight (we used it for making tacos).

It starts with a mess up: my daughter used 2 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese (plus I’ve been buying the whole fat, nonshredded mozzarella which is really hard to find here)
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
This microwaved for 22 seconds at a time 4 to 5 times, because I’ve found full fat mozzarella will release it’s liquid a lot easier (it can be recovered but yuck).
A variation: 1/2 cup of almond flour (I’ve been reducing carbs where I can!
(flatten, etc as normal)
Mess up: I forgot to dock it (didn’t need it).
Mess up: I put the oven on to preheat for 350 degrees so it cooked longer slower. It browned, but it also looked different.
No egg because I prefer Carl’s variation – crispier.
Variation: I’ve been sprinkling salt and pepper on top instead of mixing spices in.

I’m sorry, no pictures because it was so freaking good we ate it all! OOOPS! It was flexible, yet crispy around the edges. The taste was very good too…so good that I was eating just the “crust.”

oops I lied, we left 2 pieces LOL

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #54

FATHEAD CRACKERS
:zornface:

Oh yeah, they could totally be crackers. I’ve seen that there is a fathead crackers recipe (and probably bookmarked it for later).

(Jessika Nilsson) #56

My 2nd attempt at the fathead pizza (with the egg omitted), I think it went pretty well, but next time I’m thinking of using a dryer tomato sauce, maybe tomato paste or reducing the tomato sauce :slight_smile:

I topped it with ham, meat, bacon, mushrooms, mozzarella and some blue cheese (St Agur) :heart_eyes: I also added saurkraut and butter as sides. This tasted great after ending my 70h fast :heart_eyes:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #57

Yes. I use very little tomato sauce or the pizza can get soggy. Also, do not overload other ingredients (except cheese!).
Tomato sauce is pretty carby anyways. Less is a better idea.

(Jessika Nilsson) #58

But I lika over loading my pizza with different delicious food :joy:

And I think the most moisture is coming from the tomato sauce, which is just uncooked canned crushed tomatoes, mixed in a blender with spices, onion and garlic. So some carbs from the tomato sauce, aprox 2-3g per portion.

So I think it might be better if I either use a smaller amount and maybe combine it with cooking it to reduce the water content. Or try some kind of pesto or no tomatosauce at all :wink:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #59

Omg. I have used Alfredo sauce. SO DELICIOUS!!!

(Jessika Nilsson) #60

Oooh, that sounds wonderful (totally missing the drooling smiley…)
I need to try that one for another time when I make pizza :heart_eyes:

But I currently have 4 slices left of the one I made this time in the freezer, so it might be some time…