Failure but also good news

(Scarlett Hyde) #1

So I feel like I’ve fallen into a yo-yo system again where I’m just spiralling between 80kg and 90kg. I would start keto with good results and then something would come up and I would screw up. Just recently, it was my exams, I’m having my first ever GCSE exam and I’m gonna have my last exam in literally 2 days. I get really panicky to the point that I can’t get a good night’s sleep at all or just want to avoid everything and sleep. Sure enough, I just fell into a dark pit and ate and slept and tried to revise and just told myself that I’ll get back after my exams. Anyway, one morning after I accidentally fell asleep on the sofa, I heard my mum watching a documentary and the info sounded familiar. After a while, I realised she was watching a keto documentary and I was actually very surprised. My mum always takes documentaries to heart and they really motivate her but she’s never really been a supporter of keto. After a while, she told me that she would want to join me in keto as well and I hope that having a keto partner would help with keeping me on track. She definitely wants to cut off sugar and processed snacks from even my siblings so hopefully in the near future, we’ll be able to all go keto as a family.

(Awesome Cheerleader For All) #2

Hi ya, @xScarlet!

It’s okay. Life and healthy eating is a learning process. Some of us don’t even have a good excuse, like GCSE exams; okay most of us. But I’m sure you’ll get back on track in no time.

Let me tell you a secret. I still get nervous over the stupidest stuff. When we hire someone new, at the office, and I have to take them through their paperwork, I’m always nervous the night before. I’m not even the one who’s starting a new job! Why am I nervous? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey, great news about your mum! I hope she does take it more to heart. Let her know about the forum and Diet Doctor. These are great resources.

Good luck on your next exam!

(Full Metal Keto) #3

This is great! I remember posts when you first got here about your family trying to shame you into eating what they were and making you feel bad and hiding in your room doing your keto thing. I hope your mom gets on board. My dad was into Atkins about 18 years ago and lost a lot of weight but gained it back slowly adding carbs. He did this a couple of times and now he’s eating crap again and I started Atkins and switched to keto last September. He knows how well I’m doing on keto. I keep hoping he’ll remember how good he felt before and get back with the program but I think he’s apathetic now and thinks he won’t live a lot longer anyway. It’s sad to see a strong man feeling beaten. It’s never too late to try and turn things around. :cowboy_hat_face:

Maybe she noticed how much worse you feel when you’re not keto. My significant other has said things about me, like ‘gee, you’re so much calmer now on keto’. He’s been eating more and more like me now and has those ‘I’m just not hungry’ days too.

(Marius the butter craving dude) #5

In high pressure situations your body may even demand more food. I guess that is ok… also food is comforting. But to cope with this is hard if you do not have keto comfort foods. I told myself in similar situations that if I will eat a shit load of food than it is better to eat cream and butter than sugars. And you must start to consider this keto foods as treats; or find a keto food to serve the role of a treat, mine is nuts and seeds. When I am stressed I eats sunflower seeds.

(Marius the butter craving dude) #6

One year ago no one from my family and working environment knew about keto or low carb. The way I found about keto was after many days of youtub and browsing. Today more people are aware of keto and not through actual digging the internet for diets.