Drink Ideas Needed

(Tove Reiman) #1

Recently gave up all alcohol and I don’t drink soda of any kind. I’m just drinking water and coffee and I have to say I’m bored to tears!! I need something else before I drive myself crazy.
Any ideas welcome!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2

Tea? Sparkling water? “Zero” juices like vitamin water zero (I know anything “diet” is controversial for many but I personally partake in diet drinks and have no issues.)

I love Bai drinks also and Sparkling Ice brand drinks are my absolute favorite.

(Tove Reiman) #3

I’ve never really tried any flavored water except propel but someone told me that was bad for me so now I’m gunshy about all of them. Which ones are really safe? I just want something with flavor and won’t sabotage me.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #4

“Safe” honestly is different for everyone and the only way to know what works for you would be to try something and then test your blood sugar :grin: I’m one of the lucky ones who isn’t impacted by artificial sweeteners. I’ve still managed to lose about 70 lbs in 8 months, even partaking in artificial sweeteners. But again it’s a very individual thing and you have to determine what does and doesn’t work for you.

ETA - I like those “Mio” drops too

(Jacqueline Porter) #5

I tried all sorts of things but my favourite is soda water with a few drops of peppermint extract, a slice of lemon or lime and a sprig of mint!
Ps when I say soda water I mean sparkling water.

(Charlotte) #6

I love almost of all flavors of sparkling water. I second the Bai if you can get past the artificial sweetener aftertaste. I’m a fan of teas too. I’ve been making ice tea pretty regularly lately.

(Hyperbole- it’s the best thing in the universe! ) #7

I’ve recently discovered ginger grated into soda water is nicley refreshing!

And smushed rasperies in soda water with some HWC is pretty great too.

(Full Metal Keto) #8

I recently had a Crystal Geyser sparkling lime water. It was really nice. I have been at plain cold water, espresso and sometimes green tea forever. My tastes have changed and it was almost like drinking a soda. Those type of flavored sparkling zero carb mineral drinks are good. That would be my first choice.

If you drink artificially sweetened stuff it doesn’t cause a glucose spike but artificial sweeteners do cause insulin release to the blood, when you taste anything sweet. So it’s best if you want to drink Diet Coke and things with any sweetness to have it with your meal. Don’t drink them through the periods between your meals. That will never give your pancreas a break and keep your body flooded with insulin all day. And that will definitely put the brakes on weight loss and metabolic healing. It’s long been known that drinking lots of diet soda will make you gain weight. :cowboy_hat_face:

I have one of those fancy infuser bottles that I like to do strawberry and fresh basil in with water. You could probably muddle it up without the bottle. Mint and cucumber is good too :grin:

(John) #10

Coffee. Tea (black and green). Tisanes (herbal teas). Water. Sparking water. Naturally flavored unsweetened sparkling water. Almond milk (I limit this to 8 oz per day). Water infused with any number of things - just soak stuff in water overnight. It picks up flavors without adding much in the way of calories. Lots of options here.

Water or sparkling with fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice added to it (keeping in mind that lemon and lime juice do add a few carbs).

For alcohol, I go with whiskey or red wine, infrequently and in moderation.

I don’t use artificial sweeteners or drink diet drinks.

Boring is OK, you know.

(Tove Reiman) #11

Today, I bought an assortment of herbal teas because I wasn’t sure what kind I’d like. I’ve tried several today and poured over ice, DELICIOUS! I’m gulping them down because I’m so releived to have something different!!
I’ll be adding some lemon and limes - LOVE LIME - and getting an infuser. Thanks y’all for the great tips!!! CHEERS!:coffee::beer::tropical_drink::cup_with_straw::beers:

I have an herbal peach tea that has saved my sanity a time or two when I desperately needed something “fresh and fruity” tasting, I just cold brew it :peach:

(Tove Reiman) #13

WHere do you get it at?

Bigelow Perfect Peach is my favorite, I think you can get it at some Target stores, I found it though at Natural Grocers :slightly_smiling_face: