Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

Week 48: Well, unfortunately I can’t say I’m completely over being sick just yet, but pretty sure it’s finally starting to wind down though. I’m still taking some meds, mostly antibiotics and some eye drops, but I still have a bit of a cough and some congestion I’m hoping will be gone soon. … With last weeks weigh in showing such a high number for the fluid loss with being ill, I was already expecting a plus this week, but +2.5 lbs is decent in my thinking, considering the -8.5 the week before. So now being at 11 months into this WOE/WOL, I’m happy with the overall outcome and still just enjoying it all. :slight_smile:

Edit to add… I also need to try and get caught up on some stuff on here, as well as some other things. This laying around for nearly two weeks may have been needed, but it still sucks overall. Looking forward to getting to be a bit more active now.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #662

Glad you’re feeling better Dave. We learned in nursing school the body demands more energy when it’s fighting illness so I also wonder if your losses were caused by that, as well as the water loss.

Thanks, Marie. Not sure, that sounds reasonable though. … I just know for a while there, I was loosing quite a bit of fluids and this was mostly the 2 or 3 days just before weighing in, so I just guessed I would probably see some of that back this week. But I did wonder about the effects of one running a fever and going through a sickness too. The body does indeed go through quite a bit. :slight_smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #664

How are your eyes? Are the drops helping?

Yes Ma’am, they are doing quite well. As I said, I’m pretty sure it was me mucking with them that got them agitated in the first place. But I was simply trying to keep them cleaned out and removing the gunk. :slight_smile: But I am staying with the meds, both Antibiotics & drops for a bit to make sure they get well.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #666

That’s great news.

(Virginia ) #667

You have done an AWESOME JOB HONEY since starting Keto… VERY PROUD OF YOU. :slight_smile: And so glad you are feeling better. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

(Ellen) #668

Glad you’re starting to get better Dave, just remember; don’t push yourself too much.

Thanks, Regina. :slight_smile:

Thanks Honey, proud of you too. :wink: And just glad you didn’t catch this stuff either, which I know is generally the norm for us. Sharing the illness that is. :slight_smile: … Love ya

Thanks Ellen, & yes Ma’am, I’m definitely not trying to push too much, just wanting to get by all this. :+1:

(Virginia ) #670

You’re welcome and thank you. :slight_smile:

Yeah, me too. So far so good, cause usually it does get passed around…lol Love you too. :kissing_heart:

Well, I’m finally off the meds as of this morning and feeling much better now. :slight_smile: … Though I’m still having some sinus issues, I’m sure this is due to the pollen that is pretty bad so far this year. Guess we have another week or so, until the rains wash out some of the green stuff that’s everywhere presently. Hoping to pull the bike out this weekend as well, and try to get it ready for some riding. Hate pulling it out too early, since this just ends up having it get covered with Green Metal-flake. :confounded:

I also finally got the garden tilled out, and hope to have it planted by this weekend. I did a lite till a few weeks ago, just to knock the vegetation down, but due to getting sick and the wet weather, I’m just now getting it done. But last year I didn’t get stuff planted until mid May and it worked out quite nice. :+1: I have some neighbors that didn’t get very good results, since they planted earlier and the constant rains did a number on their crops. … So hoping to get a repeat this year, as last year. :crossed_fingers:

(Ellen) #672

Glad you’re feeling better Dave :grin:

Thanks, Ellen. :+1: I am indeed, albeit slightly sun-burned, and still dealing with the pollen. :slight_smile:

Well, go figure… I finally get the garden tilled and ready for planting, and today the slight chance of rain, turned into a goddamn torrential downpour! - Rain stomped the area for just over a half hour or so, but it was really coming down, so my newly tilled and raked out garden is probably 10+ inches of mud now. … Already took off a couple hours early tomorrow to get home early enough to go pick up the plants for this weekend. But it is now calling for more showers tomorrow night? So it might be Sunday or even Monday or Tuesday before I can get anything planted? (If I’m lucky and we get enough sunshine between storms to help dry the area) Or, unless I can pull off a Mission Impossible reenactment and somehow hang over the garden, via lines, while V holds the rope! :smile: … But I guess it’s par for the course. I also told V I haven’t shaved since sometime in the second week of being sick (like she didn’t already notice!) so it’s been almost two weeks, so I’m looking at bit rough at the moment, but I honestly haven’t given it a thought. Some just think I’m growing a beard out. :slight_smile: … But either way, I’m thinking this might be a busy weekend, which will probably be most welcomed, since I’ve been laid up so much.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #674

Keep us posted, on the beard and the planting. Saul was feeling better today so I insisted he shave and shower. (Only movie stars can have five day beards.) :rofl:

I have five zucchini coming up. Every year is so different, I never know when to plant squash, beans, and zucchini. The squash I grow for the seeds, I never cook it. Beans, those are Saul’s. Zucchini is low carb. Someone (maybe you) suggested zucchini boats with cheese and meat? That sounds amazing.

Glad you are feeling better. It sounds like you are back East - the four week cough is hitting hard in California.

Yeah, well the beard will probably go this weekend, if I feel like shaving. :smile: I really do hate shaving though, I do trim every other day normally. This isn’t much more the 5 days though, 10?. :slight_smile:

They definitely are indeed, worth letting some get a bit bigger for this. … You just cut it in half, scrape out the inners, leaving about 1/8" shell. Then cook the meat (I like Sausage/Hamburger 50/50 mix) add back in the inners, Mushroom, Onions, Garlic, Rao’s Sauce (Just to wet it some) and then Mozzarella Cheese, and add some Parmesan Cheese on top for browning. … Bake for 40 minutes or so (400°?) or until nice and browned. Folks I’ve had try it always love them, but they are filling indeed.

Yep, MD, on the East Coast. And yes, it’s running around this side of the US as well. Lot of folks at work have been dealing with it too. I was just told yesterday one guy I know took 3 weeks to get over it. And some others have stated it took longer for them. It is a PITA not being able to get over it.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #676

Thanks for the recipe! That does sound filling.

Quite welcome, and hope you like it. You can change it up in so many ways, it’s hard to get bored of it, but yeah, I swear it fills ya up quick! But you can make a few & it takes care of dinners for a few days.

(Jessica) #678

Yeah those sound amazing! I’ll have to try it! The way you were talking about the rain, I thought you might be near me, but I guess it’s rained like that all over the Eastern half of the country this spring.

(Jane) #679

We’ve had so much rain in Northern Arkansss we are flooding. We are headed home from Houston and hope we can get across our creek when we get home tonight.

We are taking care of the neighbor’s place while they are out of town and left their house key in the truck so we don’t have it with us. If we can’t cross the creek we could have gone to their house for the night. Now we will have a half hour drive back the way we came for a hotel room.

(Jane) #680

I hope I don’t have to replant any of my garden when I get back, but could be a possibility. Such is the life of a gardener! Always at the mercy of Mother Nature.