Dave's Progress Thread - Year II

Thanks Iced, and no, they are not. Swelling may have gone done some but still present. … Will decide upon waking if I want to work tomorrow or not? Just want to rest it up to allow it to heal some. Don’t want to over-do-it and make it worse. :slight_smile:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #462

I know that I never really appreciate my health and mobility until I start having problems. It gives me a whole new perspective on why this woe is so important.

(Janelle) #463

Curious - I cut out most cheese and all sweeteners this week and I noticed that my knees were less painful this morning. I can’t remember it you’re doing the dairy thing or not? I suspect it’s the sweeteners though because I’m still doing HWC in the coffee.

Yeah, I’ve cut out all Dairy, as well as Nuts and Chocolate. But the knee thing is actually a recurring issue I’ve had since I injured it a few years ago. Took nearly two years before it stopped making me limp a little and every once in a while this happens. But it seems to swell up around the knee, and gets somewhat painful and a sort of numbing feeling at the same time? Hard to explain? Maybe the numbing feeling is actually fluid buildup, which makes the knee feel puffy & tightens up all around the knee itself?

Woke this morning and it feels like the knee may be a tad better? Still has the swelling of course, but doesn’t seem to be as bad at far as soreness. But still taking another day off to rest it up some more.

Meant to add a pic earlier, to try and show my knee. So before V and my Son left to run out to the store, I simply swung my legs off the couch and took some shots. I pretty sure you can see the difference. :crazy_face: But one on the left is my right knee. You can see the puffiness on the outer side of the leg.

Not the greatest angle, just me taking a shot straight down.

(Tamela Robinette) #467

:scream::scream::scream:

(Tamela Robinette) #468

That looks painful Dave.

(Jane) #469

OUCHIE! :open_mouth:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #470

You can easily tell which leg. Staying home was a good choice.

Thank you, Ladies. :slight_smile: … But yes, I think the swelling went down some more today and I’m planning to go back to work tomorrow. (Probably :slight_smile: ) … But will also make sure to move around throughout the day, if I happen to get stuck in the office as usual. Won’t overdo it, but want some movement in as well.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #472

Dave, they make these things called wedge cushions for truck drivers. There are all kinds out there. It might even out your seat. My dad uses one (drive a satellite up link truck). Says it helps with leg cramps:

Thanks Marie, might be something to look into indeed. My Jeep here at work is probably the worst. The seat naturally angles upward and you can’t adjust the front to decrease the angle. (Operated all kinds of equipment and drove dump trucks for years during snow events, and never had this problem) But been having it ever since I had it Inner Meniscus issue. … Actually have V checking with our doctor right now, to if she can see me tomorrow, or possibly provide me a prescription of fluid pills, etc. … I had already decided once I got to work this morning, that I was going to be taking off Friday and Monday to make a long weekend and rest it up some more. Because, I actually felt a lot better this morning when I got at the regular 5am time. But think the hour long commute kicked it back in. No sooner did I get out of the vehicle, I could feel that the knee had tightened up some again and was getting that achy feeling. :frowning:

Well, I just got back from seeing our Doctor about my knee. She agreed if this isn’t something that’s steady and only comes and goes, we will just monitor it for now. (Told her it gets better with rest, and I usually don’t see it come on unless I drive or sit a lot. So she liked what I was saying about trying to get up and move around from time to time to help. So unless it gets much worse, will just rest it up for now.

I also had her do a full blood workup for me while there, and should get the results back here shortly.

So while she was drawing my blood, she smiled and proceeded to tell me that both her & her husband (Also a Doctor who shares their practice) are both now full Keto themselves, and have been doing so themselves since Christmas! :wave::smile::+1: And said that her husband is also now off his own Diabetic meds completely himself! - So she said between us telling them about Keto, seeing our success and how we’ve been doing, and getting them to watch ‘The Magic Pill’, they are both fully on board! She also told me that they have now had about 100 of their patients of theirs watch the ‘The Magic Pill’, so they are definitely all for it, and passing the word. :smiley: She was also telling some of the folks in their office, as we were walking out and chatting, ‘These are the folks I’ve been telling you all about, the ones doing Keto:slight_smile: … All in all a great visit and was really glad to hear her husband no longer needs to take his diabetic medicines. He also seemed quite joyous about the whole thing when we spoke and like his wife, kept saying how great we looked. :smiley:

Just adding this in here since it came out pretty nice. Been laying on the couch watching some shows while resting up the leg, and little girl (Khaleesi) finally realized she can also lay with me on the couch. She’s usually in my lap when I’m in the chair with the ottoman in front, so she can lay between my legs.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #476

What an amazing response from your doctor. She sounds like she is really good.

Yes Ma’am, they are indeed. Neither them nor their kids are overweight in the slightest, (actually quite the opposite really. Very small framed, the whole lot of them) So they are doing Keto now strictly for a better WOE/WOL, as well as the medical benefits which is very cool. … And the fact they are sharing all this information with their patients now is something I wish more Doctor’s would do. :slight_smile:

Week 41: Well, my knee is a bit better today but I still feeling the fluid around the knee. Swelling does seems to be lessened some. But at least the pain part has gone down some too. Strange thing is, I went ahead and weighed Friday morning, since I was going to the Doctors and it showed me at 234.8, so just under 235 lbs. (-2.5 lbs.) But when I weighed this morning, it’s now showing me at 238. So I’m guessing my laying around the past two days to rest my leg up has something to do with this but can’t say it’s part of the fluid retention? But again, my guess it’s more to the lack of movement on my part?

Sucks that I’m giving up Dairy this month and having so many other issues that it might not be showing the possible results I was hoping to check with this? But no big deal, since I’m planning to try and move around more in the next couple days, but just not overdoing it, hopefully this will be helpful too?

(Tamela Robinette) #479

I find I show a slight gain on Monday morning after laying around on Sunday. Sunday is always my “move as little as possible day.” Lol

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking is the main cause, so your Monday weigh-in would make sense if so. Less moving around would require less energy, hence, not much burning of anything. … But hoping to see if I can rectify this in the coming week. At least try to keep moving around a bit, without overdoing it.