Crunchy After dinner snack advice

(Paul Butler) #1

Hi, After most meals I am still hungry so try to get more fat in me and my go to is Pork Crackle / Pork Rind.
The only problem is having it a lot, it gets a bit (only a bit) tiresome or I run out (heaven’s no!)
Does anyone have any CRUNCHY FAT treats for desert that they can recommend.
As it appears I need the crunch to satisfy me.
I’ve tried 90% dark chocolate (which I like), but still doesn’t satisfy - I keep looking for more food that has crunch…which can lead me to my kids biscuits…noooo!
Crunchy snack ideas please

(Troy) #2

Celery w creamy cheese or nut butter
Flaxseed crackers…add cream cheese
Cheese crisps
Crispy bacon
You can crisp Up some pepperoni slices too
Fat bombs…w nut butter, cream cheese, butter, hwc, pecans etc…make up ur own :smile:

Seed crackers with cheese if you have carbs to spare? Seed Crackers https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-seed-crackers
Can’t stand celery myself, but if you like it, have it with cream cheese?
Otherwise nuts or crunchy peanut butter if that’s not your keto kryptonite!

(Diane) #4

I add guacamole or cream cheese to pork rinds for a change (and extra fat).

But my favorite crunchy snack is slices of cucumber with lots of good blue cheese dressing.

(Allan L) #5

I used to make these a lot in the beginning of the diet:

But rarely snack now.

It’s easy to make Cheese Crisps in the microwave.

I can turn a 12-slice package of cheese into cheese crisps in less than 10 minutes (4 batches; 3 slices per batch; 2 minutes per batch). You can use silicon cupcake molds, but I find the 3-well and 6-well silicon trays so much easier to load and unload. I’ve created crisps with sliced cheeses, sliced off from blocks, and shredded. They all work.

But you really need the silicon molds to keep their shape and texture consistent. I used to make them on parchment paper or a silicon mat, and they tend to spread all over when the cheese gets molten.

(Kirk) #7

An apple

Place a few slices of chorizo or salami between 2sheets of kitchen paper and microwave. (In my micro, that means 8slices for 40 secs, your mileage may vary).

Allow to cool.
They crisp up beautifully

(Runs on bacon) #9

Uh…

19g of sugar in a medium apple… and there goes your daily carb intake.

https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+fruit

(Kirk) #10

Yeah, it’s not without a cost, but rigt some good.

(Paul Butler) #11

thanks everyone