Breakfast with Bubba

conversationstarters

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #122

Raining in the city today. So this afternoon the wife and I went to Grouse Mountain for a couple hours. It was snowing up there, lots of snow on the ground and lots of folks skiing.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #123

One of the things I especially like about living in Vancouver is the proximity of two very different ecological zones. This is most apparent during late autumn through early spring, not so much during the warmer months. Like today. It can be 45°F and raining in the city. Just a 5 minute tram-ride away and 3900 feet higher, it’s 25°F and snowing. There’s 6 feet of snow on the ground and the skiing is perfect!

(Susan) #124

That is really neat, Michael, and it is so nice to see your lovely wife =).

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #125

(Susan) #126

Hehe =).

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #127

Sunset over Georgia Strait from Grouse Mountain.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #128

Deep Thoughts

God, grant me the Senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones that I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Now that I’m older, here’s what I’ve discovered

(Susan) #129

Great poem, Michael =).

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #130

Deep Thoughts

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #131

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #132

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #133

Deep Thoughts

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #134

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #135

Zero! The view from my balcony. It was -6°C overnight and is -5°C now. I’m a fair weather biker. The last time I rode in sub-freezing temps I ran over a patch of ice, went down instantly and broke the handlebars. This occurred on another recumbent I owned previously.

(Davy) #136

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #137

Grouse Mountain the day after the big dump of 2020 (so far).

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #138

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #139

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #140

My keto coffee recipe, my first meal of the day. This mix makes enough for 1 liter of coffee. I use my counter top blender with a mason jar to mix with the coffee. It turns out very creamy.

recipe2

Ingredient list

Fat bombs and BPC
Meal replacement Bar that contains IMO questions
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #141

Two poached eggs in ghee almost ready!