Breakfast with Bubba

conversationstarters

(Laurie) #790

I bet it’s good! Their Méditerranée yogurt is the best.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #791

Deep Thoughts™

02%20PM

Does this 3rd Law of Thermodynamics change (every/no)thing?

The phenomenon covered by the constructal law is natural organization, evolution and life: the occurrence and evolution of freely morphing configurations in every thing that flows and moves more easily over time…

If physics was to account for the systems of nature completely, then thermodynamics had to be strengthened with an additional self-standing law—with another first principle— that covers all phenomena of design occurrence and evolution. To achieve this, the constructal law states briefly that “For a finite-size flow system to persist in time (to live), it must evolve in such a way that it provides easier access to the imposed (global) currents that flow through it”…

The constructal law is the definition of life in the broadest possible sense: to be alive, a system must flow and be free to morph in time so that its currents flow more and more easily. “Live” are the water streams in the river basins and the streams of animal mass flowing on the landscape, which are better known as animal locomotion and migration. Live are the animate and the inanimate systems that flow, move, and change configuration to flow better. The constructal law commands that the changes in configuration must occur in a particular direction in time (toward designs that allow currents to flow more easily). The constructal law places the concepts of design and evolution and life centrally in physics…

Thermo-Physical Analysis of the Proton Pump Vacuolar-ATPase: Constructal Approach
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #792

(Jane) #793

Awww… that made me tear up a bit.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #794

Dec 17 Dawn at Walmart

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #795

Keto ‘In Joke’

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #796

Marketing Slogan

Walmart - The Doors Never Close!

…even at 2°C, pouring rain and wind blowing it straight into the store. :+1:

Ice bath affects on ketosis test for fun
(Laurie) #797

-28°C (-19°F) here in northern BC. But I keep my window open because the apartment is too hot!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #798

If it got much colder here in Vancouver consistently, I suspect Walmart and Capilano Mall would fix the doors so they work correctly. Or maybe it will take a lawsuit from a Walmart employee who contracts pneumonia because to the persistent cold and wet blowing in. Or the surviving family.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #799

My latest ghee purchase from one of the local Persian groceries. Note, these folks call themselves ‘Persian’ not Iranian.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #800

Deep Thoughts™

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #801

Quotes™

The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

Albert Camus

I present Quotes™ to provoke discussion. They do not imply my endorsement.

(Robin) #802

Made me smile. I dated a college student from Iran. he and all his friends called themselves Persians too. I found it quite exotic!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #803

Just discovered these 25gr bite-sized cheesies! Nutritional Data.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #804

A Brave New World

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #805

Angus Top Sirloin Cap Off, swimming in red palm oil to add some fat and medium Peri Peri sauce to add some bite.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #806

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #808

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #809

A Christmas story, sort of like Die Hard. What one dissatisfied customer did with his Tesla after he was told what it would cost to replace the battery.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #810

Quotes™

If you are never controversial, you have probably never said anything genuinely new or interesting.

Assar Lindbeck

I present Quotes™ to provoke discussion. They do not imply my endorsement.