Breakfast with Bubba

conversationstarters

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #750

Deep Thoughts™

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #751

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #752

Blast from the past.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #753

Deep Thoughts™

The Fermi Paradox :“Where Is Everybody?”

In a galaxy assumed to be filled with clever beings, why don’t we see any?

29%20AM

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #754

Blast from the past.

Offerings to the God of Speed - The Fastest Indian

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #755

ezgif-3-3068ae22e81c

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #756

Deep Thoughts™

(Robin) #757

Very nice. Love a good black and white

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #758

Pan frying sliced beef in palm kernel oil.

PS: Yes, I eat the leftover oil. To me it’s beef broth.

Some general questions
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #759

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #760

Blast from the past Moscow (1998)

(Robin) #761

Wow. Lucky you! Probably a good story here…

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #762

Birthday Girl

Here for the food…

That’s a pound or more of Satay braised chicken breast on those skewers. Best guestimate about 150 grams of protein and doodly squat fat. Asian restaurant, so little English on the menu. The picture on the posted menu board made it look like each skewer had three pieces of shish-ka-bob-sized tidbits. I ordered six because they looked so small. Two of those chunks would have sufficed! But I ate them all, macros for the day shot to hell. Zero carb, of course. No! I did not eat the sauce, my wife ate it.

The Festival Venue

Why not!

(Laurie) #763

Happy birthday! Beautiful lady.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #764

Source

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #765

A nice, fatty 246 gram New York Strip Loin beginning its 145°F & 5:00 hour transformation to a medium well, very tender supper later this afternoon. The steak was frozen so I added an hour to the cook time. I like the concept of freezer to sous vide. Per here

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #766

I wish them well!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #767

Today’s Sous Vide Payoff

It cooked perfectly the way I like: medium well. It didn’t get as tender as I thought it would at 4 hours. So next time I will try 6 hours. Also, aside from a strip of fat on one of the narrow sides that varied in thickness, but mostly 1/8" or a bit more, I’d really prefer to use a fattier cut of meat. I had to add fat to this meal, but still ended the day short fat a bit. See next post.

@gingersmommy

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #768

Today’s sous vide meat was low in fat so I added a ghee-based sauce. This actually turned out to be way more flavourful than I had expected. Much to my pleasant surprise. Here’s the recipe:

• ghee 35 grams
  • medium Peri Peri sauce ~20 grams
  • mustard ~ 1 tsp
  • black pepper ~ 1/4 tsp
  • lime juice ~ 1 tsp

After adding the juice from the meat and heating in the microwave for about 15 seconds to melt the ghee.

PS: I should mention that this went through me like a bolt of Exlax!

(Marianne) #769

That meat looks delicious - what cut is it? Love the ingredients in your sauce - all my favorite things - although I had to look up peri peri sauce.