Breakfast with Bubba

conversationstarters

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #587

I bet it’s the saunas.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #588

Deep Thoughts™

We had dinner together and played duets for two cellos, and I played for him until late at night. Spurred by his great warmth, and happy, I confessed what I had thought of his praising me in Berlin.

He reacted with sudden anger. He rushed to the cello, “Listen!” He played a phrase from the Beethoven sonata. “Didn’t you play this fingering? Ah, you did! It was novel to me…it was good…and here, didn’t you attack that passage with up-bow, like this?” he demonstrated. He went through Schumann and Bach, always emphasizing all he liked that I had done.

“And for the rest,” he said passionately, “leave it to the ignorant and stupid who judge by counting only the faults. I can be grateful, and so must you be, for even one note, one wonderful phrase.” I left with the feeling of having been with a great artist and a friend.

Source and more.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #589

Commencement. Thanks.

57%20PM

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #590

“Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast. To soften rocks, or bend the knotted oak.”

William Congreve (1670-1729)

51%20PM

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #591

Deep Thoughts™

The twentieth century was one of great advances in physics, biology, geology and a whole raft of other branches of the scientific enterprise. It was unfortunately also the century that gave us the notorious pseudosciences Eugenics, Lysenkoism and … Climate Alarmism, the current scientific aberration.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #592

Contains this graphic (reduced to half size here), which I use occasionally in posts:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #593

A Righteous Man

02%20PM

(Anthony) #594

Is this a relation or family friend? Not that it would change the fact that it’s just one of many fascinating and humbling stories that aren’t shared enough.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #595

@Selllow No relation. Just read about what he did and watched the linked video.

(Jane) #596

Thanks, I really enjoyed that.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #597

Why do I get a suspicious feeling this is veggie/vegan propaganda?

meat

This is why.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #598

ezgif-2-c2ae201ddf87

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #599

Deep Thoughts™

Twofer:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #600

From the Correlation Is Not Causation Dept.

PS: People die from getting tangled in their bed sheets!? This is a thing?

Stunning account of the length epidemiologists go when your study goes against what they believe to be true
(Laurie) #601

Okay, that does it. I am NOT going to sleep, ever!

(Jane) #602

So masculinity is now “toxic”? LOL. What a load of vegan crap - thanks for the chuckle.

I notice it is all about bashing “masculinity” and nothing about needing proper protein to maintain muscle mass.

I only know one male vegan and he is rail thin and looks weak as a kitten.

(Jane) #603

:astonished:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #604

Deep Thoughts™ - An Ode to Dionysus

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #605

ezgif-3-5005d7776bb4

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #606