Breakfast with Bubba

conversationstarters

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #506

(Susan) #507

Hahaha --this is me too!!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #508

One of the reasons I don’t cook much.

Baking stones are great cooking tools for anyone who likes to make pizza or homemade bread. But they are relatively fragile, and the endless cycle of heating and cooling seems to weaken them. But… a baking steel, pretty much the same thing, only heavier, more expensive, and probably unbreakable in a home kitchen.

But they rust! So they need to be cleaned and seasoned to prevent it. However, using mineral oil:

CH4 + 2O2 --> CO2 + 2H2O

ovenfire

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #509

If you can relate to this, you know who you are!

happy-hour-20160304-23

(Susan) #510

This was my childhood for sure; and the waitresses came to the car on roller skates at times, flash back moment!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #512

This was my first job when I was a teen in Forest City, Iowa. I also peeled a lot of potatoes during our slow times.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #513

Because, why not?

94910-600x600

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #514

Deep Thoughts™

As if we don’t already have enough reasons to avoid veggies. Sure, it sounds benign, but I doubt it will take long to weaponize… Better not to have any potential vegetable spies in your kitchen reporting to the Nutrition Police that you’re eating a lot of sat fat.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #515

You’ve gotta be kidding me…

31%20AM

Conclusions Parachute use did not reduce death or major traumatic injury when jumping from aircraft in the first randomized evaluation of this intervention. However, the trial was only able to enroll participants on small stationary aircraft on the ground, suggesting cautious extrapolation to high altitude jumps. When beliefs regarding the effectiveness of an intervention exist in the community, randomized trials might selectively enroll individuals with a lower perceived likelihood of benefit, thus diminishing the applicability of the results to clinical practice.

Someone somewhere actually gave these people money to do this!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #516

Good news bad news.

54%20PM

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #517

Cui bono? Deep Thoughts™

10%20AM

My Comment

The full document is 83 pages in .pdf. The ‘summary’ is 24 pages in .pdf. Cui bono? You and I may think the past 12 months an annus horribilis, but for a few it has been just the opposite. The winners would like to continue winning no matter the cost to the rest of us.

And there’s this:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #518

A parable of our times.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #519

Not clear in the photo, but the olives are smothered in red palm oil, mustard and chipotle sauce.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #520

February is turning into a real bitch here in western Canada!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #521

This morning (Feb 13) North Vancouver.

(Laurie) #522

Same here, a bit northwest of you. Ugh.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #523

IMG_0520

Spotted this at Walmart and decided to try it. Sliced into 1/4" pieces for frying. I also intend to dry this and chop into bits as a beef alternative to bacon bits.

(Laurie) #524

Presliced thin beef slices would be very convenient for me. I’ll be on the lookout for this.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #525

Deep Thoughts™

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #526