Breakfast with Bubba

conversationstarters

(Laurie) #366

Well, if you decide you don’t like the oil, there are probably many other things you can do with it (as with coconut oil). Have fun experimenting!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #367

Yes! Beautiful skin at 75. What’s not to like?

When I was a youngster the movie theatres all used palm kernel oil to pop corn. That’s why movie popcorn was so delicious! Maybe I’ll pop a little corn, too.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #368

Now I Know™

Why TnT (Osaka) sells Café du Monde, the quintessential New Orleans coffee/chicory blend, next to Mr Viet Vietnamese coffee.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #369

Well, I’ve tried it! Mr Viet coffee, that is. Mr Viet advertises himself right on the box as the ‘the world’s strongest coffee’. He promises bitter and acid because of the robusta bean content of 30%. Maybe so hot brewed, but cold brewed he’s just another pussy cat. I will say, though, that he retains his flavour in my keto mix very well, much better than many other coffees I’ve tried. So he will enter my cupboard of standards.

“The secret of its unique taste is in the harmonious combination of Arabica and Robusta that make the drink strong, bright, invigorating, with a slight aftertaste of dark chocolate.” Mr Viet.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #370

In the clouds on Grouse Mountain.

(Laurie) #371

Looking fit and healthy!

Yesterday we were in the clouds at ground level. Not raining, but … wet. (Gulf Islands.)

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #372

Still in the clouds on Grouse Mountain.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #373

Well, I’ve tried it. Café du Monde coffee that is. It’s a winner! I will definitely use this often. I might add a little hot brewed Mr Viet to see what that does to it.

Chicory doesn’t just add a new flavor to coffee, but somehow intensifies the coffee flavours. There’s a definite smokey taste that doesn’t overwhelm but adds something other than acid/bitter. Sort of like a very dark roast that doesn’t hide the coffee’s unique flavour profile under a blanket of charcoal. It holds it’s own very well with my keto mix, even somewhat better than Mr Viet.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #374

PS: Anyone who’s close enough to New Orleans to do so, please visit the Café du Monde and let us know what the experience is like. Thanks!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #375

Flash from the past.

Twofer:

Gitche Gumee

My mother’s (Finnish) family farmed the Keweena of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, near Atlantic Mine just south of Houghton. As a young man her father worked in the mines and as a logger before settling on a dairy farm. As a 12 year old child I met Matt Wisti and my grandmother in 1957 when I spent the summer on their farm. I was the perfect age for such a marvelous adventure and it remains one of the most vivid memories of my life.

Every time I listen to Lightfoot’s song I cry.

Does any one know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?

The church bell chimed till it rang twenty-nine times
For each man on the Edmund Fitzgerald
The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee
Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #376

Meanwhile in Sugarland…

49%20AM

A Florida woman is accused of hitting her husband with a Taco Bell burrito, before he retaliated [escalated] by stabbing her hand…

Video at 11!

(Tracy) #377

That’s a clever way to poach an egg. Nothing worse than wet eggs that are half gone by the time you fish them out.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #378

Deep Thoughts™

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #379

ezgif-2-396a1cf6ea49

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #380

Deep Thoughts™

Tribute to a man who DID make a difference

On his deathbed when asked where he wanted to be buried, Bob Hope replied: “Surprise me.”

ON TURNING 70 - “I still chase women, but only downhill.”

ON TURNING 80 - "That’s the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing.”

ON TURNING 90 - “You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.”

ON TURNING 100 - " I don’t feel old. In fact, I don’t feel anything until noon. Then it’s time for my nap."

ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER (BOXING) - “I ruined my hands in the ring. The referee kept stepping on them.”

ON GOLF - “Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees.”

ON PRESIDENTS - “I have performed for 12 presidents but entertained only six.”

ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER - “When I was born, the doctor said to my mother, congratulations, you have an eight pound ham.”

ON RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL - “I feel very humble, but I think I have the strength of character to fight it.”

ON HIS FAMILY’S EARLY POVERTY - “Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another brother.”

ON HIS SIX BROTHERS - “That’s how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom.”

ON HIS EARLY FAILURES - “I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn’t for the stuff the audience threw at me.”

ON GOING TO HEAVEN - “I have done benefits for ALL religions. I would hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality.”

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #381

Deep Thoughts™

In Recognition of Aristotle

Plato is well-known, although his philosophy not so much and mostly misunderstood. Plato is practically a household name and most folks likely think he’s the summit of the wisdom on which western civilization is founded. He’s had great influence, no doubt, but Aristotle’s ideas play a far greater role in the formation of the modern world we now live in. A world of objective reality that awaits our discovery, understanding and intelligent use.

There is only one fundamental issue in philosophy: the cognitive efficacy of man’s mind. The conflict of Aristotle versus Plato is the conflict of reason versus mysticism. It was Plato who formulated most of philosophy’s basic questions—and doubts. It was Aristotle who laid the foundation for most of the answers. Thereafter, the record of their duel is the record of man’s long struggle to deny and surrender or to uphold and assert the validity of his particular mode of consciousness.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #382

Keto milk (500ml). A mix of whipping cream and Coffee Booster collagen to my current keto ratios with Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract flavour, watered down to 5%. Contains 1.6 grams of carbs from the cream.

My keto struggles - introduction post
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #383

Pot Kettle™

Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee promises to leave the US if Trump is reelected. All I can say is “Please don’t wait!” But don’t come to Canada, we’ve got enough home-grown freaks.

tommylee2-640x480-1

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #384

Butter fried sirloin beef patty. I could eat this every day. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Carnivore info please
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #385

Best Girl Band™ ever?

This is not my favorite Band Maid live performance, but I can no longer find Turn Me On or Take Me Higher other than as ‘reaction videos’. In live performances these gals are stunning.