Breakfast with Bubba

conversationstarters

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #306

Thank you, Susan. Very thoughtful - and personalized, too! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #307

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #308

Among the lavender.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #309

Deep Thoughts™

10%20PM

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #310

In praise of… I don’t know where this is, but I like it!

@amwassil

https://www.google.com/maps/search/isola+bella/@45.8911933,8.4969971,19340m/data=!3m1!1e3

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #312

Thank you @Consistency. So, then, Tribute to Italy™

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #313

On the other hand, the 200 or so folks living on Aogashima island, Japan, are risking their lives. Despite the lush vegetation, the sharp contours of the crater indicate this volcano is active and last erupted not so long ago. Geologically speaking. It could erupt again tomorrow or a thousand years from now. Who knows? Deep Time is such an interesting place.

No problem and thanks for posting the picture. It brought back memories. I’ve been to somewhere on that lake for camp when I was a child.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #315

Deep Thoughts™

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #316

I sometimes wonder, but overall I guess it’s a good thing we don’t sell beer at Walmart in Canada. It’s bad enough when someone drops a 4-liter milk bomb, but this looks like so much more just waiting to happen.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #317

Flash from the past (1978).

am07

Harvesting field peas for hay at Lake Laberge, Yukon.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #318

Well, this is interesting. Coming soon to a Walmart near you. Will Canada be far behind?

(Susan) #319

Eeeek --because of us no longer having a vehicle — I haven’t been able to get to Walmart for a while now, and I will rarely be going there now, so I am certainly not paying to shop there. I am already in the process of cancelling my Costco membership, due to no vehicle.

Now we just will be walking to the mall (about a half an hour walk for me, 20 min for my kids) and getting small amounts at a time, and walking home. It will be good exercise for me, and in the winter, I am guessing that I will cab once in a while, if I cannot get someone to drive me, if there is too much snow.