Breakfast with Bubba

conversationstarters

(Tracy) #377

That’s a clever way to poach an egg. Nothing worse than wet eggs that are half gone by the time you fish them out.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #378

Deep Thoughts™

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #379

ezgif-2-396a1cf6ea49

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #380

Deep Thoughts™

Tribute to a man who DID make a difference

On his deathbed when asked where he wanted to be buried, Bob Hope replied: “Surprise me.”

ON TURNING 70 - “I still chase women, but only downhill.”

ON TURNING 80 - "That’s the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing.”

ON TURNING 90 - “You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.”

ON TURNING 100 - " I don’t feel old. In fact, I don’t feel anything until noon. Then it’s time for my nap."

ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER (BOXING) - “I ruined my hands in the ring. The referee kept stepping on them.”

ON GOLF - “Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees.”

ON PRESIDENTS - “I have performed for 12 presidents but entertained only six.”

ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER - “When I was born, the doctor said to my mother, congratulations, you have an eight pound ham.”

ON RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL - “I feel very humble, but I think I have the strength of character to fight it.”

ON HIS FAMILY’S EARLY POVERTY - “Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another brother.”

ON HIS SIX BROTHERS - “That’s how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom.”

ON HIS EARLY FAILURES - “I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn’t for the stuff the audience threw at me.”

ON GOING TO HEAVEN - “I have done benefits for ALL religions. I would hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality.”

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #381

Deep Thoughts™

In Recognition of Aristotle

Plato is well-known, although his philosophy not so much and mostly misunderstood. Plato is practically a household name and most folks likely think he’s the summit of the wisdom on which western civilization is founded. He’s had great influence, no doubt, but Aristotle’s ideas play a far greater role in the formation of the modern world we now live in. A world of objective reality that awaits our discovery, understanding and intelligent use.

There is only one fundamental issue in philosophy: the cognitive efficacy of man’s mind. The conflict of Aristotle versus Plato is the conflict of reason versus mysticism. It was Plato who formulated most of philosophy’s basic questions—and doubts. It was Aristotle who laid the foundation for most of the answers. Thereafter, the record of their duel is the record of man’s long struggle to deny and surrender or to uphold and assert the validity of his particular mode of consciousness.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #382

Keto milk (500ml). A mix of whipping cream and Coffee Booster collagen to my current keto ratios with Madagascar Bourbon vanilla extract flavour, watered down to 5%. Contains 1.6 grams of carbs from the cream.

My keto struggles - introduction post
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #383

Pot Kettle™

Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee promises to leave the US if Trump is reelected. All I can say is “Please don’t wait!” But don’t come to Canada, we’ve got enough home-grown freaks.

tommylee2-640x480-1

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #384

Butter fried sirloin beef patty. I could eat this every day. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Carnivore info please
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #385

Best Girl Band™ ever?

This is not my favorite Band Maid live performance, but I can no longer find Turn Me On or Take Me Higher other than as ‘reaction videos’. In live performances these gals are stunning.

(Jane) #386

Their beignets are to die for. Spent one of my anniversaries in New Orleans a couple of blocks from there. That was pre-keto. If I went back I might have to indulge and walk a gazillion steps to burn it off. Be worth it. And I don’t have a sweet tooth and can normally ignore desserts. But those warm fresh beignets… ahhh…

I know you are strict keto and not a foodie but you can relate your enjoyment of coffee to other folks love of food.

Eta: love their coffee too!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #387

I asked long ago if I could wear a baseball cap and was told no. I had something like this in mind. Today, we got these red caps. Don’t know how long they’re going to last, but I’ll wear mine until I’m told to take it off.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #388

Meanwhile in Sugarland…

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #389

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #390

(Doug) #391

:smile:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #392

10% yogurt with some added casein powder to match my macros:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #393

I’m going there. Hey, Joe…

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #394

Buried in Kraft Cracker Barrel sliced mozzarella:

Carnivore info please
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #395

More Band Maid. This is heavy and loud. Not suitable for all psychic states.

(Laurie) #396

Cool. I like raunchy music too (reggaeton, punk…). A young person here said he was “amazed” at my taste in music. I guess I’m supposed to listen to Adele?