Breakfast with Bubba

conversationstarters

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #22

After 6 hours of sleep and getting up at 5 to make a 7-3 shift, only to be told to come back for the 3-11 shift instead…

(Susan) #23

Oh wow, that is so so annoying, =(.

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #24

taxi

So confused after 4 days
(Annette ) #25

I learned with the second child that what was going on with the first was not a direct result of my parenting. Having more than one shows you that all children are different. And to chill.

(Susan) #26

I have 5, tell me about it! They are all different and unique =).

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #27

Yes, I eat my own recipes.

No more eggs!
(Susan) #28

Would it work with the MCT oil as well? I only have the powder form in vanilla flavour, and that might taste strange?
Also, I was curious why you put the links to Amazon.com instead of Amazon.ca when you are living in Canada now? Not a problem, as I can just look for it on the Canadian site, but wondered why was all =).

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #29

Amazon.ca does not appear to have the bone broth, which I purchase at Walmart where I work. I also buy the Nutiva MCT powder at Walmart. If you look at the recipe, it contains both bone broth and MCT powder. I use the plain MCT powder because the vanilla flavour has some carbs. I use the stuff a lot in many different concoctions and don’t want to deal with the carbs.

(Susan) #30

Okay, thanks! Hopefully my Walmart has it too then. I am in Ontario, I will check on Friday night =).

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #31

I view food and eating much like a driver on the highway who’s running out of gas views an upcoming service station. I want to get in, get refueled and back on the highway again. The service station is not my destination.

Can we please stop repeating the “You have to eat at a deficit to lose weight on KETO” lie?
(Susan) #32

Did you ever enjoy eating food, pre-Keto? Or have these been your thoughts towards food always? How many meals a day do you eat? I have only heard you mention beverages, never foods that you eat, so I am just curious what types of things you eat, when you have actual food =).

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #33

I have always and continue to enjoy eating. I don’t dislike the process of preparation nor generally my results, and I do have favourites and nonfavourites. For example, I like my keto coffee and look forward every morning to drink it. I’m a functional type person and food is fuel. I seldom actually cook anything and mostly eat single bowl mixes of raw or precooked ingredients. I don’t obsess over food nor need it for anything other than fuel. Eating is a pit stop on the road of life.:blush:

(Susan) #34

Okay =). Well you certainly look very healthy and happy; so that is terrific =).

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #35

My latest electrolyte mix: 50 grams Redmond Real Salt, 40 grams French’s No Salt and 10 grams Recochem Epsom Salts. This is a 10 day supply (ie 10 grams per day). I use liberally on pretty much everything I eat as well as a couple grams in my morning keto coffee. I grind the epsom salts to a fine powder with a mortar and pestle before mixing with the other two. I used to grind all three but don’t bother any more with the Real Salt and No Salt.

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #36

I think of keto like a swimming pool.

Some of us are splashing around in the shallow end just having fun

Some of us are leaning to swim

Some of us are doing laps

Some of us are diving in the deep end of the pool

Whatever.

(Susan) #37

This is awesome, Michael, I like this!

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #38

Quotes™

But here’s my question. Why do the companies that sell “not meat”—Frankenfoods made from plant cells and/or vegetable cocktails—spend millions of dollars to make it look exactly like meat? Wouldn’t that be a contradiction in vegetarian philosophy? “I’ve decided to chew leaves the rest of my life, but I want all the leaves to look like hot dogs.”

(Susan) #39

I was annoyed seeing 3 different types of Vegetable type burgers at Costco last night…they were all high in carbs (I read the label to check for fun, and 2 of them had sugar as well!).

The really sad bit is a lot of people were tossing them in their carts, probably thinking these would be really healthy for them to have… =(.

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #40

Food(?) for thought:

(Michael - Don't expect miracles and you won't be disappointed.) #41