Definitely today’s best line!

(Robin) #62

@Shinita never fails….
“IDK what is cankles but I don’t want them…”

(Robin) #63

Glad you caught that one, Laurie!

(KCKO, KCFO) #64

Oh this reminds me of one of Ringo Starr’s newest songs:
“Here’s to the nights we can’t remember and the friends we can’t forget” and one of his older songs
“No, no, no, I can’t drink anymore, it makes it hard to find the door.”

I love both lines so much.

(Take time to smell the bacon) #65

On the other hand, it does make it easy to find the floor, lol!

One of my favourite T-shirts used to read: “I don’t have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, I fall down—no problem!”

(Edith) #66

I’ve seen, “My liver’s been bad and it must be punished.”

(Robin) #67

@PaulL @VirginiaEdie @collaroygal
Those are all such great lines! The lack of memories is REAL! I realized after my recent reunion (50th) that I was headed toward addiction earlier than I suspected. So many people had memories of me doing outrageous things of which I have little or no recollection. Floating my VW convertible Bug, filled with football players, down the river until it needed to be pulled out!

Yeah, I was rarely one to say no to “fill in the blank”.

(Robin) #68

How did I not know I needed this in my life? @PaulL
Capybara

(Robin) #69

Sweet @islandlight is expressing her inner grinch.

(Robin) #70

Best line: “… I didn’t want to be an embarrassment to my kid as he got older, at least until he was a teen and turned on me anyways…”

(boom)

(Robin) #71

@daigo1 Somehow I missed this one, and I hate to pass up an opportunity for a snappy comeback…

Answer: No, only humans are allowed to be carnivores. But I guess if the insects are big enough to eat one of us, we don’t get a vote.

:joy:

(Robin) #73

Another gem from my favorite muse: @Shinita

“I have some super heavy planters no one ever will move… Well we pulled one 1 meter once… But they are impossible to lift. And they are ugly (but gray so not very apparently so), they came with the house… Oh well.”

(Shinita… Sounds like me getting an idea, then discarding the idea, then forgetting what I was even going on about… Oh well.)

(Robin) #74

Oh wait…. Carnivores. I was thinking Cannibals.
Never mind. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You spoil me, Robin and I feel bad as I saw something great from you once (way better than most of mine IMO) but I didn’t bring it immediately and I forgot where I found it :frowning: I am not good at this yet, I just don’t remember this topic when I see something cool. Maybe in the future!

(Robin) #76

No worries. I keep posting here daily cuz I would love to see it become a thread that people think of when they read something especially wise or funny or whatever. I try to read it all but I know I miss some good stuff out there. This community is so vastly diverse… there is some buried treasure in forum.

(Robin) #77

Ok. Yes… I obviously stalk @Shinita. I confess. But she just cracks me up! Here’s today’s quip…
“Oh poor pie that I already mentioned before, your sacrifice might be without consent but it wasn’t in vain!!!

(An excerpt from her post in the thread SHARON. And if you haven’t checked that thread out, get with it! We all need a little Sharon in our lives.)

(Robin) #78

I read this out of context and snorted coffee out my nose!
From @islandlight

“Yes, for this kind of police check they are mainly looking for sex offenses, violence, kidnapping, etc. I already applied and am waiting for the result.”

(Laurie… do you have a preference? I think I would rather be a kidnapper.)

(Laurie) #79

Are those my only choices? An art heist might be fun.

I’ve just realised I quoted one of the late Charles Poliquin’s best lines on another thread: If you’re fat (let’s say metabolically unhealthy) your carb intake should be 3 licks of a dried prune.