Anyone used Apple One Drop app?

(Marion) #1

I am managing my type 2 diabetes successfully by eating keto and it is working well. I have a very good looking scar from my recent knee replacement surgery which I attribute to staying in ketosis in hospital (no mean feat).
I have started looking for easier ways to monitor and came across this possibility when I was checking out an Apple watch for tracking distance walking in the pool which I plan to do next week.

This has been brought on by being discharged form hospital with no rehab…am at home doing it myself with occasional physio consults. Complicated by a thrice dislocated shoulder after the knee surgery (don’t ask!).
I am in Australia and the rehabs are full cause the elective surgery list re-opened and hordes of people are having their surgery after waiting throughout last year.

Has anyone used one of these watches and was it helpful?
Currently I am not an Apple user but am exploring. I am into simplicity…I am not a geek and I am 70 years old, looking for function not fashion.

(Marion) #2

Sorry, not sure why this appeared in newbies category…thought I clicked on new! I don’t know how to move it.

Pretty sure Apple watches only pair with iPhones, Apple are douches like that. That said, I’m all about the trackers but as somebody with an iPhone myself, I don’t like the Apple watches. The Garmins are much better IMO. Garmins are actually rated for swimmingas well, not sure if the Apple watches are or not.

(Marion) #4

Thanks Ifod14.
I am interested in the One Drop app specifically for diabetes…

The watch I could use to track my distance walking in the hydrotherapy pool,… to use the watch you need to link it with the phone.

I have no problem with Apple but wondered if anyone has used the app. Its expensive to get set up and then discover the One Drop app is useless …and I don’t know anyone who has used it.