Am I weird?

(Willow) #21

I am thrilled about all these new recipies to try with my beloved cheese :exploding_head:
:cheese:

(Bunny) #22

Antique cheese hardware: a cheese table for making cheese. A French cheese press and a cheese cutter.

(Ellen) #23

Oh my! I will definitely be trying that.

(Allie) #24

I can take it or leave it, often happily going weeks without any sort of cheese. Same as bacon.

You have to try queso frier!!! It usually can be found in Mexican grocery stores. You cut it and fry it in butter. OMG. It gets a thin “crust” when frying and is basically like a keto deep fried cheese curd.

I will go today and try to find some. There is this Salvadorian cheese called Duro/Blando. Which means Hard/Soft. That’s pretty good but it doesn’t mealt.

(Jane) #27

I’m going to look for this the next time I am in Ft Worth. I love Houlimi but I refuse to pay $36/lb for it!

Seriously, WTH is it so expensive? It is $17-$18 for 8 oz and it’s not even aged. Not any cheaper on Amazon.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

(Allie) #28

That’s a crazy price. Halloumi is £2.00 a pack here :open_mouth:

(Jane) #29

IKR? When I refused to buy it locally at that insane price I checked out Amazon - not any better!

(Deborah ) #30

I have to admit to being totally ignorant about Halloumi cheese. I have no clue what it is, and I’ve never seen it in my local stores or eaten it (to my knowledge).

(Allie) #31

Try it, cut into strips and fried in butter…

Ive never had halloumi, cant find it, but I think the queso frier was $4 for 10 oz. Tropical brand.http://www.publix.com/pd/tropical-cheese-queso-de-freir/RIO-PCI-154139

I don’t know the price, but search says Walmart, Sams and Costco have it also (?)

(Jane) #33

Thanks - I’ll look for it when I am back home. I can handle that price!