Jumpin’ Jack Flash Fried Fillet July…what did you keto today thread

food

(Robin) #122

What did you top that with? looks good!

(Mike W.) #123

“Special sauce”. Mayo, mustard, Primal Kitchen ketchup and pickle relish.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #124

I do like a sauce :+1:
In mine it’s Chicken Coconut Curry with Raita and Courgette.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #125

I’ll be in the Carni Thread if I carry on like this lol

(Mike W.) #126

Tell me more! Yum

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #127

Well, I like to seal my steak with a minute in butter then a slower cook in the oven for 30 mins and I make a cream/mustard/garlic sauce with the butter/steak juice.
I bash the steak but need the slow cook because my poor teeth and gums are not the best.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #128

I’ve settled on a mix of ingredients I like. Meat plus fatty sauce and a very small amount of plant flavour.
On this occasion, Corned beef, with Yogurt/garlic/cucumber sauce.

(Mike W.) #129

Fired up the smoker today. Started with a rack of ribs and then did a marinated beef heart. Flavor was fantastic and it was super tender but I still struggle with the texture a bit. I might try Sous vide next time. The boy loved it at least! IMG_7894|666x500

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #130

And if the boy drops anything? ……

My SO cooked curry with chicken breast. Not bad. Didn’t track on the day when I seriously tasted it but it seemed surprisingly satiating, at least short term. It’s super rare that low-cal things or chicken satiate me. And carbs (the dish is based on cucchini) always made me hungrier…

But I am back to carni now:

(Mike W.) #132

He’s got backup :rofl:

(Mike W.) #133

I don’t eat a lot of salads but this one was pretty good. Butter lettuce, Salami, pepperoni, peppers, onion, some Italian seasoning, chopped pickle juice brined chicken thighs, and topped with a yogurt based balsamic dressing.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #134

Oooo that’s inspired. I’d copy that for sure :+1:

I never made meaty salads but it happens when one dislikes most salads and jump from vegetarian keto to carnivore(-ish) :smiley: I just had no times with vegs and meat alike. It happened here and there but extremely occasionally.
If I eat meat, that’s the main thing, maybe a teeny tiny veg. Like a pound of meat with 10-20g vegs, that sounds about right. I only go much higher when I fancy pickles. I need to make my own pickles as I can’t stand the sugar in it anymore. But does it worth the bother? No, it doesn’t. Unless I want the work itself, cooking and other food making is my hobby, after all, I just don’t have the mood for it any time and some are more tempting than others. I love baking, for example especially bread as it’s pretty.

Next time I bring a photo I promise. It won’t be good, it’s such a rainy day that there is almost no natural light :frowning:
And I have a birthday, technically. I am not in the mood and anyway, it’s best to postpone it to the weekend when we will cook deer.

(Jane) #136

This is my third year to try and grow tomatillos and finally found a variety that does well here and got a harvest.

Roasted them with a jalapeno and make green chili salsa to go with the fajitas we are having tonight.