Not losing anything

carnivore

(William) #41

TMI, I poop everyday at least once and quite a lot compared to what I eat. Sometimes floaty, sometimes sinking depending on how much fat I ate. Bristol 5 to 7. Could that mean I have ongoing digestion issues since the start?
I feel that something is wrong so I’m still trying to understand what is going on.

I think this is the right amount of information if one is knowledgeable and can help. I never see carnivores here being squeamish without reason. This is part of life and very relevant. And not too extreme to warrant TMI anyway, to me. I know people use it all the time, I don’t agree.

Sadly, I have no idea what’s wrong. But it’s odd, the amount should be small on carnivore (compared to the food, surely some people eat a ton and poop more). I have it (almost? I don’t take notes but it’s often) daily but the amount is tiny. I am not on the Bristol scale but I have found it elsewhere and I knew it must be healthy anyway.
I never heard about a surprisingly big amount compared to the food eaten on carnivore… I am curious and I hope anyway someone will be able to help or just have any idea what is going on!

(KM) #43

I googled IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). From the Mayo clinic:

Pain areas: in the abdomen
Pain types: can be recurrent in the abdomen
Gastrointestinal: change in bowel habits, constipation, diarrhea, inability to empty bowels, indigestion, nausea, passing excessive amounts of gas, or urgent need to defecate
Abdominal: cramping or discomfort
Also common: anxiety, depression, discomfort, loss of appetite, or symptoms alleviated by defecation

Not sure this exactly describes what you’re experiencing, but I did find it interesting that emotional symptoms were part of the description.

(William) #44

I thought about IBS but I have no discomfort at all (I had bad digestion before carnviore though), the only thing is that I often feel and look bloated which shouldn’t really happen on carnivore.
One notable thing is that when I was younger I used to get ill pretty much every month and my doctor put me on antibiotics every single time because I have a bicuspid aortic valve, that lasted a good two years and I’m sure this wasn’t good on my digestive tract and health in general. Until I left the suburbs of Paris and completely stopped being ill all the time.

(KM) #45

Have you ever tried probiotics to restore your gut biome? Also … Hmm. I’m going fringe here. A pollutant in your home, most likely black mold. https://drtoddmaderis.com/chronic-inflammatory-response-syndrome#:~:text=Mold%20can%20colonize%20the%20intestinal,discomfort%2C%20and%20inconsistent%20stool%20consistency.

(William) #46

I have been trying homemade kefir for two weeks but it didn’t help either. I will have to investigate regarding black mold, the humidity is very high where I live and my house is quite old.